ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot
What is ExcelsiusGPS ® Spine Surgery Robot?
ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot is a next generation spine surgery robot which combines a rigid robotic arm and full navigation capabilities into an adaptable platform for precise placement in spine surgery. Using ExcelsiusGPS® robotic navigation your surgeon can now place spinal implants with high precision and accuracy than ever before.
Why is it used?
ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot is a revolutionary robotic navigation platform used to perform key spinal procedures such as:
- Transformational Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Post Scoliosis Correction
- Spondylodiscitis treatment
- High Grade Spondylolisthesis treatment
- Spinal Tumour Excision and Stabilization
- Adult Spinal Deformity Correction with Pelvic Fixation
- C1, C2 Fusion Procedures
- Cervical Decompression with Stabilization
What happens during the procedure?
Prior to the surgery, your surgeon will import your medical images into ExcelsiusGPS® to determine the size and placement of implant and a surgical plan is created. This is further used to guide the rigid robotic arms to a particular region of the spine which is used as a pathway by your surgeon to accurately place the implants using instruments.
During the procedure, the robot guides your surgeon by displaying a live feedback on the screen and this ensures more precise placement of implant.
How long will it take?
The duration of the surgery will depend upon the reason for which you are being operated. Your doctor will explain you in detail, before the surgery. However, due to the detailed pre-operative plan, the surgery time is reduced.
What happens after the procedure?
With the help of ExcelsiusGPS® Spine robotic navigation platform, minimally invasive procedure becomes more precise, minimal incision is required for surgery and less blood loss. All this allows faster healing time and less discomfort to you. Though, recovery time varies from one patient to another, however, within few weeks afte your surgery, you will notice that your symptoms and pain are diminishing.
Apollo expertise in the procedure
The Apollo Institute of Spine Surgery offers specialized spine services and 360-degree care from the revolutionary robotic system, ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot, for complex spine surgeries. This advanced treatment reduces instances of infections, implant inaccuracies, revision surgeries, radiation exposures, and patient’s length of stay at the facility.
Using ExcelsiusGPS®, our highly skilled surgeons can place the spinal implant with an unprecedented accuracy. With ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot, our Surgeon has so far performed over 50 surgeries.
Any info on which Apollo hospitals do it
The most advanced 3rd generation spine robot, The ExelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot, was launched by Apollo Hospital in Chennai.
How is ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Robotic Surgery beneficial to me?
- Faster healing.
- Less tissue damage and less loss of blood.
- Reduces radiation exposure.
- Minimal post-operative pain.
- Smaller scars.
- Early mobilisation.
- Shorter hospital stay.
How is ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot superior to conventional techniques?
The cutting-edge technology combines benefit of navigation and robotics into one platform to deliver patient care.
Multi-functional Robotic Navigation
- Only robotic system that combines surgical navigation and robotic guidance for spinal surgery.
- High degree of accuracy with small incision.
- Faster and accurate placement of screw.
- Compatible with pre-operative CT, intra-operative CT and fluoroscopic imaging modalities.
- Surgeon can visualize, plan and navigate patient’s anatomy in real-time.
Unique Real-Time Information
- Facilitates pre-operative and intra-operative planning.
- Forces sensing technology
- Active navigation tracking
Am I a suitable candidate for minimally invasive spine surgery with ExcelsiusGPS®?
If you are experiencing chronic back pain that is not getting cured with medication or physical therapy, we suggest you visit our Spine Specialist with your latest reports (if any). Based on your evaluation and medical condition our doctor will prescribe the suitable treatment for you.
UPDATED ON 22/05/2023