As pioneers of Emergency care services in India, the Emergency Care centre at Apollo Hospitals guarantees you the highest levels of skill, expertise and infrastructure. The protocols at our 24-hour emergency service and trauma care department in India are designed to respond quicker, and have proven outcomes that are on par with the very best in the world. We actively leverage our multi-specialty prowess to deliver the crucial edge in emergency care.
At an Apollo Emergency Room, there is always easy and swift access to the best trauma surgeons in India capable of performing cutting edge procedures. We have cardiologists, neurologists, neurosurgeons and trauma specialists who are on 24×7 standby for expert care during a medical emergency. Our long years of experience has taught us the value of every minute. In an Apollo Hospitals Emergency Room, one can be assured of receiving globally benchmarked medical assistance as the teams singular focus is to help patients get better, faster establishing it as one of the best emergency and trauma centre in India.
Apollo Hospitals in India also has dedicated Stroke Physician led teams to manage strokes and a cardiologist is always at the helm 24 x 7 to manage heart attacks. We also track several important metrics to ensure that the care process is smooth and efficient every single time.
Some of these are:
- Door to triage happens in less than 5 minutes
- Access to neurologists, & neurosurgeons within 5 minutes, to assess a stroke
- Door to cath lab time in 20 minutes in stroke
- A legacy of expertise in Emergency Care
Apollo Hospitals is a pioneer of modern day emergency medicine and trauma care in India. We set up the ‘National Network of Emergency Services’ to provide emergency care of uniform quality standards across the country. Our trauma surgeons are geared 24/7 to meet all medical and surgical emergencies, including polytrauma.
Protocol driven systems ensure results every single time. Apollo Emergency Care is a scientifically developed protocol-driven emergency system. The system has several unique and innovative features
- An easy to remember emergency access number – 1066. Ambulances that are well equipped and manned by trained personnel – indeed a veritable ‘Hospital on Wheels’.
- Air Ambulance Services for remote areas and life-threatening emergencies.
- Effective communication system between the central control room, ambulances and the emergency facilities in the hospitals.
- Standardized emergency rooms in the hospitals that are a part of the network.
- Common functional and medical protocols across the system.
- Training of trauma doctors and other personnel required for pre-hospital and in-hospital care.
- National Network of Emergency Services. The National Network of Emergency Services is operational across 9 cities in the country (Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Pune, Bilaspur, Kakinada and Bengaluru). The system comprises 22 emergency rooms, 60 ambulances and over 500 personnel.
Saving time is the first step in saving lives. Air Ambulance Services are used when ground transport could endanger a patient’s life. They are also indispensable when the patient is in a remote area and time is critical. We are equipping each of our hospitals with emergency air ambulance services. The Kolkata hospital has a roof helipad. Our Delhi and Hyderabad hospitals have landing facilities.
Both fixed wing aircrafts and helicopters provide the services. Aviation companies take care of the aviation logistics. Medical aspects like trained personnel, equipment and care are provided by the 1066 emergency services. Apollo’s Air Ambulance services conquer time and distance in emergencies and saves lives.
UPDATED ON 24/11/2022