Milestones - Orthopedic Team at Apollo Hospitals
- 23 Knee Replacement surgeries were successfully performed in 13 hours by a team of surgeons at Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Nellore.
- A 42-year-old patient from the United States of America successfully underwent fusionless scoliosis surgery at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
- India’s first minimally invasive double curve correction spine surgery was performed by Apollo Hospitals, Chennai using the revolutionary Non-Fusion Anterior Scoliosis Correction Technique.
- Apollo Hospitals, Aragonda was first rural hospital in Asia to perform 250 (unilateral & bilateral) Knee Replacement Surgeries in the remote village of Aragonda.
- Eastern India’s first comprehensive Foot and Ankle Clinic was launched by Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata
- Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Nellore successfully performed 500 Knee Replacement surgeries.
- Apollo Hospitals is the first hospital in India to perform 150 Knee Replacement Surgeries in the remote village of Aragonda.
- Apollo Hospitals, Aragonda is the first hospital in India to perform many successful Knee Replacement Surgeries (Unilateral & Bilateral) in the remote village of Aragonda.
- Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad successfully performed a double hip surgery on a Somalian patient using the Direct Hip Anterior Procedure, a first of its kind in India.
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai restructures shattered pelvic bone in just a day; treats patient who sustained multiple fractures
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai introduces “the Ideal Knee” – the future of Total Knee Replacement through a new technique – Attune Rotating Platform Knee Replacement, a first of its kind in South India
- Apollo’s Orthopaedics experts are front runners in the management of spinal surgeries in India and are one of the very few centres in Asia which provide robotic spinal intervention
- The Apollo Institutes of Orthopaedics are the First in Asia to offer Robotic Spine Surgery, Robotic rehabilitation (Lokomat – a robotic treadmill and Erigo Robotic Tilt Table)
- First in the Country to offer Total Knee Replacement and Hip replacement surgeries,3rd generation spinal implants, Lumbar disc replacement, Resorbable screw usage to correct congenital spine problems
- India’s First Centre of Excellence in Hip Arthroscopy
- A rare Bone Replacement Surgery performed by Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, successfully cures an unusual cancer.
- Pioneers of Total Knee Replacement in India
- Were the first to perform Birmingham Hip Resurfacing procedure in India
- The hospital has a 99% success rate for Hip Resurfacing procedure
- Pioneers of Illizarov Procedure for limb lengthening in India
- Revolutionary Ceramic Coated Knee Replacement was performed for the 1st time in South India at Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai.
- Resorbable screws were used for the first time in India at Apollo Hospitals Chennai to correct congenital spine problem of a six-year-old child from Tanzania.
- Successfully performed an Arthroscopic Brachial Plexus leading to pain free postoperative recovery after shoulder surgery at Apollo Hospitals Chennai .
- Successful Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty in a single sitting was carried out on a 93-year old man, at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- World’s 1st iPod Navigation Hip Resurfacing Surgery was successfully performed at Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Chennai.
- Apollo Health City, Hyderabad performed the First bilateral (on both the knees) revolutionary Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement (Resurface) Surgery (MIKRS) using OrthoGlide Medial Knee system.
UPDATED ON 19/08/2021
Apollo Highlights & Updates
A team of surgeons at Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Nellore have successfully performed 23 Knee Replacement surgeries in ...
The Transplant team of Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi helped Chitwan Medical College, Nepal to successfully perfor...