Milestones - Orthopedic Team at Apollo Hospitals
- Apollo BGS Hospitals, Mysuru has successfully performed a rare Bipolar Hip Replacement surgery on a 102-year-old patient.
- 23 Knee Replacement surgeries were successfully performed in 13 hours by a team of surgeons at Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Nellore.
- A 42-year-old patient from the United States of America successfully underwent fusionless scoliosis surgery at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
- India’s first minimally invasive double curve correction spine surgery was performed by Apollo Hospitals, Chennai using the revolutionary Non-Fusion Anterior Scoliosis Correction Technique.
- Apollo Hospitals, Aragonda was first rural hospital in Asia to perform 250 (unilateral & bilateral) Knee Replacement Surgeries in the remote village of Aragonda.
- Eastern India’s first comprehensive Foot and Ankle Clinic was launched by Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata
- Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Nellore successfully performed 500 Knee Replacement surgeries.
- Apollo Hospitals is the first hospital in India to perform 150 Knee Replacement Surgeries in the remote village of Aragonda.
- Apollo Hospitals, Aragonda is the first hospital in India to perform many successful Knee Replacement Surgeries (Unilateral & Bilateral) in the remote village of Aragonda.
- Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad successfully performed a double hip surgery on a Somalian patient using the Direct Hip Anterior Procedure, a first of its kind in India.
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai restructures shattered pelvic bone in just a day; treats patient who sustained multiple fractures
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai introduces “the Ideal Knee” – the future of Total Knee Replacement through a new technique – Attune Rotating Platform Knee Replacement, a first of its kind in South India
- Apollo’s Orthopaedics experts are front runners in the management of spinal surgeries in India and are one of the very few centres in Asia which provide robotic spinal intervention
- The Apollo Institutes of Orthopaedics are the First in Asia to offer Robotic Spine Surgery, Robotic rehabilitation (Lokomat – a robotic treadmill and Erigo Robotic Tilt Table)
- First in the Country to offer Total Knee Replacement and Hip replacement surgeries,3rd generation spinal implants, Lumbar disc replacement, Resorbable screw usage to correct congenital spine problems
- India’s First Centre of Excellence in Hip Arthroscopy
- A rare Bone Replacement Surgery performed by Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, successfully cures an unusual cancer.
- Pioneers of Total Knee Replacement in India
- Were the first to perform Birmingham Hip Resurfacing procedure in India
- The hospital has a 99% success rate for Hip Resurfacing procedure
- Pioneers of Illizarov Procedure for limb lengthening in India
- Revolutionary Ceramic Coated Knee Replacement was performed for the 1st time in South India at Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai.
- Resorbable screws were used for the first time in India at Apollo Hospitals Chennai to correct congenital spine problem of a six-year-old child from Tanzania.
- Successfully performed an Arthroscopic Brachial Plexus leading to pain free postoperative recovery after shoulder surgery at Apollo Hospitals Chennai .
- Successful Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty in a single sitting was carried out on a 93-year old man, at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- World’s 1st iPod Navigation Hip Resurfacing Surgery was successfully performed at Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Chennai.
- Apollo Health City, Hyderabad performed the First bilateral (on both the knees) revolutionary Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement (Resurface) Surgery (MIKRS) using OrthoGlide Medial Knee system.
UPDATED ON 14/08/2023
Apollo Highlights & Updates
3rd Apollo Annual Proton Practicum
Event Date : 07-07-2023 to 09-07-2023
Apollomedics Super Specialty Hospital, Lucknow has successfully performed UP’s first and country’s fifth Renal Dener...