Apollo Heart Institute Expertise
The Apollo Heart Institutes are regarded as one of the best heart hospitals in India, performing a multitude of treatments and procedures in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery. The scorecard shows an unmatched record of over 1,52,000 cardiac and cardiothoracic surgeries.
Explore our Heart Institute Features
Apollo Institutions for Spine Surgery in India
The Apollo department of Spine is regarded as one of the top & best hospitals for spine surgery in India with a legacy of innovation and excellence.
The spine surgeons perform major and complex spine surgery. Apollo Hospitals is indeed a pioneer and one of the foremost institutions for spine surgery. The spine surgery units at the various Apollo Hospitals locations are a conglomeration of spine specialists in the treatment of spinal disorders, cancers, deformities as well as specialists in the areas of pain management and physiotherapy. Some of the latest techniques including minimally invasive and robotic surgeries have been done at the various hospitals of the group. The complete range of management options for treating back pain and spinal disorders are available. Our Spine doctors will check for list of common spine diseases and conditions of the patient and provide treatment based on the observation.
- The Spine Surgery Centers of Apollo Hospitals have many medical milestones to their credit – the first lumbar disc replacement in the country was performed at Apollo Hospitals, and several cervical spine surgeries and lumbar disc replacements have also been performed.
- We have best spine surgical team & specialists in India with vast background of dealing with complex spinal procedures.
- The Centers perform the full range of spinal procedures from Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS), to major spine surgery procedures like complex spinal reconstructions.
- The units are also well known internationally for complex deformity surgeries as well as revision spine surgery. The centres perform the maximum number of spinal deformity corrections in the private health care segment in India.
- The Group was the first to introduce 3rd generation spinal implants in India. The Spine surgeons of Apollo Hospitals also designed an anterior stabilization spinal implant which was approved by FDA and is being used now throughout the world
Apollo Institutes of Orthopedics Expertise
The Apollo Institutes of Orthopedics is regarded as one of the best & top orthopedics hospitals in India with a legacy of innovation and excellence.
The Institutes are at the forefront in offering the latest in Orthopedic treatments and Orthopedic surgical advancements in India on par with the best centres in the world.
Our Orthopedicians trained at the top centres worldwide, bring with them the latest and best techniques and work in our facilities that have the latest cutting edge technology in terms of equipments, operating rooms, recovery areas and advanced Physical therapy facilities.
We have dedicated & well equipped Orthopedic surgery complexes with laminar flow & various modern equipment like image intensifier, operating microscope, computer navigation system, top of the line arthroscopy system etc.
- Apollo Hospitals offers key & best orthopedic surgeries and procedures in India. We perform bone and joint replacement surgeries which include the most current Arthroscopic and Reconstructive techniques. Joint replacements including hip resurfacing and knee replacement surgery [primary, complex primary & revision replacements] are being done in large numbers with excellent outcomes.
- Shoulder surgeries and the most delicate hand micro surgeries are all performed with great precision and expertise.
- Apollo Hospitals is also a pioneer in Articular cartilage Implantation (ACI). Cartilage regeneration surgery, including micro-fracturing, mosaic-plasty are all performed. The Apollo Cartilage School is leveraging developments in Orthobiologicals and growth factors to herald a new age of regenerative medicine.
- Our orthopedic surgeons will check for common orthopedic diseases and conditions of the patient and provide treatment based on the observation.
- There are dedicated units for Traumatology which involves treatment for dislocations and fractures with very minimal down time for the patient.
Apollo Cancer Centre
Apollo Hospitals is one of the best cancer hospitals in India with 10 dedicated hospitals across Hyderabad, Chennai, Bengaluru, Madurai, Kolkata, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar & Bilaspur.
To the thousands of patients who visit for cancer treatment in India, the Apollo Hospitals Cancer Centre symbolizes hope that Cancer is Conquerable. The Cancer care system at Apollo Hospitals involves over 125 surgical and radiation Oncology specialists as well as diagnostic consultants that offer comprehensive Cancer Care. The mission is to take the fight against cancer to the next frontier, and redefine clinical benchmarks and outcomes.
Cancer Treatment in India:
Apollo Hospitals provides comprehensive cancer care with best treatment facilities in India. Our expert team of oncologists examines every case jointly and decides on the best line of cancer treatment for the patient. Specially trained medical counsellors, speech therapists, dieticians and other professionals, appropriate to each individual case, provide support to the team of cancer specialists.
Cancer Screening Programmes in India:
The measurable success that the hospitals have achieved in Cancer Care attracts thousands of national and international patients each year who come from over 120 countries.
Apollo Institute of Neurosciences Expertise
Apollo Institute of Neurosciences is regarded as one of the best neurology and neurosurgery hospital in India with a legacy of innovation and excellence.
Ably assisted by the latest Neuro-Radiology services, Neuro-Intensive Care facilities and Medical and Radiation Oncology services, our Neurologists and Neurosurgeons achieve outcomes in neurological disease & treatments matching those of the leading institutions across the globe.
The department of neurosurgery at Apollo Hospitals in India is well equipped to treat all the neurological diseases including stroke, headache, epilepsy, coma, neuropathies, multiple sclerosis, myopathies, Parkinson’s disease, Myasthenia Gravis and many more, establishing it as one of the best hospital for neurosurgery treatment in India.
Neurosurgery a branch of surgery involved with the brain injury, spine and nerves, is a key specialty at Apollo hospitals. Our neurosurgery doctors treat neurological diseases such as brain injury or diseases, head injury, spinal injury, brain tumors, spinal tumors, brain hemorrhage, hydrocephalus, nerve injuries, tumors, disc prolapse or herniation, spinal dislocation, unstable spine, congenital malformations like atlanto-axial dislocation, spinal dysraphism etc. Treatment of seizures or epilepsy as well as modern treatments for movement disorders like Parkinson’s disease are further specializations. More than 1000 major neurosurgeries are being carried out every year.
Our neurologists will check for complex neurology diseases and conditions of the patient and provide treatment based on the observation.
Today, Neuroanaesthesia, Neurosurgical intensive care and Neuro-imaging technology have advanced so much that mortality has significantly reduced and functional outcomes have improved tremendously. Minimally invasive techniques help decrease the mortality and morbidity associated with surgery.
With a team led by some of the best neurosurgeons in India, preservation of all functions, good cosmetic outcome, shorter hospital stay and avoiding pain and discomfort are considered as important as saving a patient’s life. The integrated team of neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuroanesthetists, neuro physicians and intensivists along with rehabilitation specialists are dedicated to this goal.
Apollo Hospitals Gastroenterology
The Institutes of Gastroenterology are regarded as one of the best & top gastroenterology hospital in India. We are dedicated to the management of diseases of the digestive and hepatobiliary systems in children and adults. The gastroenterology surgeons offers expert care in both Medical and Surgical Gastroenterology. The Institutes possess modern state of art equipment backed by advanced intensive care units.
Gastroenterology Diseases and Conditions:
Gastroenterology essentially addresses diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver. The functioning of the entire digestive system, both related to the passage of food through the digestive canal to the physiological processes of food digestion, absorption and elimination come under the purview of this specialty.
It includes the medical and surgical treatment of diseases such as colon polyps, gastrointestinal cancer, jaundice, cirrhosis of the liver, gastroesophageal reflux (heartburn), peptic ulcer disease, colitis, gallbladder and biliary tract disease, nutritional problems, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), pancreatitis, etc
- The latest Endoscopic procedures are done for gastrointestinal bleed, gastrointestinal cancers, foreign body removal etc. Endosonography and Capsule Endoscopy are available too.
- The Gastrointestinal surgeons manage major treatments related to gastrointestinal surgical problems of the intestines, pancreas and hepatobiliary tract [liver and gallbladder] including cancers, many of them through Minimal Access surgery.
- Our comprehensive Liver Transplant programme is well known for its highly successful adult and pediatric Liver Transplant programmes and cutting edge hepatobiliary procedures. Disorders of the pancreas as well as pancreatic and intestinal transplants are also performed.
The Apollo Institutes of Transplant
The Apollo Institutes of Transplant program is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive solid multi-organ transplantation in India
The Institutes are well known for several multi-organ transplant procedures such as liver transplant, kidney transplant, corneal transplant, heart transplant, intestinal and GI transplant, pancreatic transplant and pediatric transplant. Apollo Hospitals has been a leader in the field of organ transplants and has been considered as one of the best organ transplant hospitals in India. The first successful pediatric and adult liver transplants in India were performed at Apollo Hospitals in November 1998. With over 90% success rates for multiple transplants in India our organ transplant center is a beacon of quality and hope for patients from across the world.
The experience and expertise of our Consultants, integrated team approach, superior outcomes and the excellent infrastructure make Apollo Hospitals an ideal choice for transplants. Our Organ Transplant Surgeon and allied teams work with the organ donor and recipient before, during and after surgery to ensure the greatest likelihood of superior results.
Our Transplant Centres have all the necessary high-end equipment and state of the art infrastructure to perform living donor surgery and cadaver surgery. An eminent pool of internationally renowned Transplant Surgeons, Nephrologists, Gastroenterologists, Pediatric Gastroenterologists, Pediatric Surgeons, Anesthetists, Intensivists and Physicians deliver the highest standards of care. Over the past decade the Institutes have built up a reputation of excellence and expertise.
Apollo Critical Care Expertise
Apollo hospital is one of the best critical care hospital in India. Critical care or Intensive care is a crucial medical specialty caring for patients who are critically ill. They may require support for instability (hypertension/hypotension), airway or respiratory compromise (ventilator support), acute renal failure, cardiac arrhythmias, or the cumulative effects of multiple organ failure, more commonly referred to now as multiple organ dysfunction syndrome. Patients needing intensive/invasive monitoring, such as in the crucial hours after major surgery or patients who are considered too unstable to transfer to a less intensively monitored unit may also be placed in the intensive care units.
The department of critical care medicine at Apollo Hospitals, India is a combination of many specialties and technologies, offering the possibility of survival to patients who are acutely and critically ill. ICU management at Apollo Hospitals, India is based on the fact that methodical organization of Critical Care services influences important overall outcome measures such as mortality, length of stay and infection rates. Our 24-hour critical care units are a combination of multidisciplinary ICUS as well as ICUS dedicated to post cardiac surgery patients, stroke patients, post-transplant patients, as well as special ICUs for neonates and pediatric cases. Apollo Hospitals has redefined intensive care medicine in India through its medical expertise and state of the art infrastructure, establishing its services as the best critical care services in India.
At Apollo Hospitals, a lot of emphasis is also placed on areas like nurses’ training, standardizing care through clinical pathways and the identification of ethical and economic issues pertaining to Critical Care making it the best critical care hospital in India.
Apollo Bariatric Surgery Expertise
Our clinical outcomes, state of the art technology, medical expertise and huge success rates has made Apollo Hospitals, India one the best bariatric surgery hospitals in India.
Obesity is a condition where a person’s Body Mass Index or BMI (calculated by dividing height by weight) is more than 30. It is becoming a global epidemic not only in developed nations but also in developing nations like India. Obesity is a huge issue in India too, with morbid obesity affecting 5% of the country’s population.
The Apollo Centers of Excellence in Bariatric Surgery are one of the largest centres for Bariatric Surgery in India, performing all the different types of weight loss surgeries including revision surgeries with success rates comparable to international standards. Bariatric treatment in India at Apollo Hospitals has provided better outcomes and improved quality of life for hundreds of obese patients with the help of committed consultants, allied specialists and the best dieticians in India.
The additions of second generation Single Incision Laparoscopy surgeries and the latest Robotic surgical options have put The Apollo Bariatric Institutes right among the advanced Bariatric centers of the world, making it the most sought program for weight loss surgery in India and across the Globe
Obesity treatment at Apollo Hospitals is performed by some of the best bariatric surgeons in India. Bariatric Surgery Doctors in India adopt a variety of procedures for patients who have morbid obesity. Weight loss is achieved by reducing the size of the stomach with a gastric band or through removal of a portion of the stomach (sleeve gastrectomy or biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch) or by resecting and re-routing the small intestine to a small stomach pouch (gastric bypass surgery).
- Bariatric procedures including Gastric Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Gastric Bypass, Mini Gastric Bypass, Bilio-pancreatic diversion, and metabolic surgeries routinely done.
- Minimal access techniques done, including Endoscopic surgery, Laparoscopy, Single incision surgery & robotic surgery for Bariatrics.
- First weight loss hospital in India to introduce Robotic technique for Bariatrics
- Apollo Hospitals India performed the World’s first Single Incision Revision Bariatric Surgery and India’s first Single Incision Gastric Bypass
- Asia’s first scarless endoscopic revision gastroplasty for failed bariatric surgery
- Robotic bariatric surgery on Asia’s heaviest patient weighing 348 kgs
Apollo Institute of Robotic Surgery
Robotic Surgery is a method to perform surgery using very small tools attached to a robotic arm. The surgeon controls the robotic arm with a computer. The surgeon sits at a computer station and directs the movements of a robot. Small surgical tools are attached to the robot’s arms. Surgery can be performed through smaller cuts than open surgery. The small, precise movements that are possible with this type of surgery give it huge advantages over standard surgical techniques. This can allow the surgeon to do a procedure through a small cut that could be done before only with open surgery.
The Apollo Institute of Robotic Surgery is considered to be the best hospital for robotic surgery in India and is committed to providing patients with exceptional clinical outcomes. The state-of-the-art operating theatres are equipped with the da Vinci® surgical system, the most advanced platform for minimally invasive surgery available today. The four-armed surgical robotic system is a breakthrough in surgical technology and is used in the specialties of Urology, Gynaecology, Cardiac, Gastrointestinal surgery, Bariatrics and Paediatrics. Robotic surgery for treatment of prostate, kidney and urinary bladder cancer has proved to be highly beneficial to patients.
Another kind of robotic technology we use at Apollo Hospitals, India is the Renaissance Robotic Technology, which is the only technology specifically designed for spine surgery. Apollo hospitals is the first in Asia-Pacific to offer this surgical guidance system, which is a minimally-invasive robotic-guided spine surgery system.
Robotic Surgery treatment in India at Apollo Hospitals offers many benefits to patients as compared to open surgery, including:
- Shorter hospitalization – in most cases the patient is discharged the same day
- Reduced pain and discomfort post surgery
- Faster recovery time and return to normal activities
- Smaller incisions, resulting in reduced risk of infection
- Reduced blood loss and transfusions lesser than 10%
- Minimal surgical scarring on the body
Our technology, infrastructure, clinical expertise and patient centric approach makes us one of the best robotic surgery hospital in India
APOLLO PERSONALISED HEALTH CHECKUP PACKAGES (APHC) IN INDIA