- 1st successful pediatric liver transplant in 1998
- 1st successful adult cadaveric transplant in 1998
- 1st successful liver transplant for acute liver failure in 1999
- 1st combined liver kidney transplant in 1999
- 1st successful liver transplant for HIV in 2008
- Youngest pediatric liver transplant in India in 2008
- 1st successful liver transplant for Hepatitis B without using immunoglobulin 2008
- 1st successful liver transplant for Crigler Najjar Syndrome in 2008
- 1st successful living liver transplant for portal biliopathy in 2009
- 1st international air rescue for a patient with acute liver failure in 2010
- Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart & liver transplant, joining a very small set of transplant centres in the world to have done this.
- Combined heart and lung transplant on the oldest recorded recipient in India.
- 1st simultaneous Liver-Intestine-Pancreas transplant in India
- 1st simultaneous Kidney-Pancreas transplant in South India.
- 1st donor incompatible kidney transplant performed using technique of Column adsorption of blood group antibodies.
- Double-lung transplantation for Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome (HPS] – the first case in India and second in the world. HPS results from mutations in one of seven different genes
- Youngest ever Liver recipient in Western India in 2018.
- 1st successful liver transplantation using OrganOx Metra, new organ preservation device in 2018.
- 1st successful cadaveric kidney transplantation in Odisha was performed by Apollo Hospitals, Bhubaneswar in 2020.
- Baby with a novel mutation in blood (NF-E2) is the first in the world underwent a successful bone marrow transplant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi in 2020.
- Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad successfully performed combined liver and kidney transplant using liver from a non-matching blood group donor and kidney from a matching blood group donor.
- The first liver transplant of an infant in Gujarat was successfully performed by Apollo Hospitals Ahmedabad on a 7-month-old baby.
- The first Pediatric and Split Liver Transplantation in Mysuru was successfully performed by Apollo BGS Hospitals, Mysuru on a 9-year-old boy.
- Gujarat’s first liver and kidney transplant from living donors was successfully performed on a Myanmar patient at Apollo Hospitals, Ahmedabad.
- Eastern India’s first Robotic Renal Transplant was successfully performed by Apollo Multispeciality Hospitals, Kolkata.
- Apollo Hospitals, Navi Mumbai has successfully performed over 200 kidney transplants.
- Apollo Institutes of Transplant has performed more than 4300 liver transplants in patients from over 50 countries
- Apollo Hospitals is the first private hospital in India to complete 1500 Bone Marrow Transplant procedures.
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai successfully performs Only Pancreas transplant for the first time in India
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi successfully performs liver transplant on One-year-old child from Kenya.
- The Apollo Transplant Program is the busiest program in the world, having performed 23000 transplants. First program in India to cross the landmark of 18500 Kidney Transplants, 4300 Liver Transplants and 500 Pediatric Liver Transplants.
- Harvested 23 organs in a day, an extraordinary feat indeed.
- Saved the life of 3 individuals; achieves the feat of transplanting the liver of a single donor into two adult recipients; successfully performs an isolated intestinal transplantation and transplants the abdominal wall – the first ever case in South India, all from the organs of a single donor
- One of the nation’s largest Dialysis network with over 75000 dialysis procedures every year
- Over 1500 Corneal Transplants
- Apollo Hospitals, Navi Mumbai successfully performs liver transplant on Four-month-old infant from Tanzania.
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata simultaneously performed Heart, Liver and a Kidney transplantation on three recipients in 2018
- India’s first Double Lung Transplantation during the COVID-19 situation was performed by doctors at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
- India’s longest patient on ECMO for 46 days had a successful double lung transplantation, performed by doctors at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
- A 5-month-old infant successfully underwent heart transplantation at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi.
UPDATED ON 15/11/2023
Apollo Highlights & Updates
Doctors at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai use a synergistic device strategy to treat complex heart blocks....
On the occasion of National Cancer Awareness Day, Apollo Proton Cancer Centre has launched Centre of Excellence for Head...