Clinical Fellowship of Apollo Hospitals Education and Research Foundation (AHERF)
Clinical Fellowship accredited by Apollo Hospitals Educational and Research Foundation (AHERF) was started in the year 2013.
As per policy, these fellowships are being offered by Apollo in those specialties where no or limited training programs exist in India.
There is a defined eligibility criteria and duration of fellowship which is aligned to the intake months of post graduate and DNB entrance examinations. Candidates with MBBS qualification will also be eligible for certain fellowships.
49 seats have been approved in the 32 specialties at 13 Apollo Group locations to run the Clinical Fellowship.
Clinical Fellows who have successfully completed their training and examination were conferred with certificate of Clinical Fellowship of AHERF in the respective specialty.
- Arthroscopy & Sport Medicine
- Cardiology/CTVS Anaesthesia
- Clinical Apheresis
- Clinical Genetics
- Clinical Nephrology
- Colorectal Surgery
- Developmental Pediatrics
- Emergency Neurology
- Endoscopy in Gastroenterology
- Genitourinary surgery
- Head and Neck Oncologic surgery
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Implantation Otology
- Interventional Cardiology
- Interventional Pulmonology
- Liver Transplant Anaesthesia
- Liver Transplant and HPB surgery
- Minimal access and robotic surgery in Gynaecology
- Pediatric and Adolescent Endocrinology
- Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care
- Radiation Oncology
- Renal Dialysis
- Renal Transplant surgery
- Stroke in Neurology
- Transfusion Medicine
- Transplant Nephrology
- Vascular/ Endovascular surgery
Apollo Group locations where Clinical Fellowship of AHERF have been approved
- ASH Chennai
- Navi Mumbai
Number of Seats Approved: 49
Training is being conducted as per teaching / training schedule prepared by the supervisor/guide and subsequently approved by AHERF.
There is a defined process of training which includes:
- Hands on training by observing procedures and surgeries, case presentation during clinical meetings, observations, training through simulator and videos
- Clinical training is imparted through Clinical Meetings/ CMEs/ Departmental Meetings/ Symposiums and bed side case presentation. Fellows can join Journal club.
Final Examination/ Evaluation
There is a defined process of final examination/evaluation. Final examination is being conducted at the end of the six months/ one year/ two years (depending upon the duration of fellowship program) of fellowship program by one external examiner and one internal examiner. Clinical Fellows who have successfully completed their training and examination were conferred with certificate of Clinical Fellowship of AHERF in the respective speciality.
Policy and Application forms on Clinical Fellowship
Clinical fellowship of AHERF shall be open only to medical professionals with graduate and postgraduate qualifications.
UPDATED ON 05/04/2021