Once your pregnancy is confirmed, it’s important that you visit your Obstetrician who will schedule your appointments during pregnancy. These appointments are part of antenatal care. Antenatal care is essential, as it protects the health of mother and her unborn child by identifying, preventing and managing pregnancy-related issues.
Antenatal care services include:
- Early Pregnancy Scans: A transvaginal ultrasound is performed during 6 weeks of gestation to confirm a healthy pregnancy, calculate the due date of delivery, crown-to-rump length, any abnormal gestation etc. Baby’s heartbeat can also be heard between 6 1/2 to 7 weeks of pregnancy in the ultrasound scan.
- NT Scans: Nuchal translucency scan is performed between week 11 and week 13 of pregnancy to detect chromosomal abnormalities in a fetus such as Down syndrome.
- Anomaly Scans: It is a detailed ultrasound scan performed to examine all organs of baby and to take organ measurements. Anomaly scan is performed between 18-21 weeks of pregnancy.
- Doppler Scan: It is done after 24 weeks, to check the blood flow in different parts of your baby’s body.
- Multiple Pregnancy Scans: It is performed when you are expecting more than one baby. Multiple pregnancy scan is done to determine whether each fetus has their own placenta and amniotic sac or they share same. These factors determine prognosis and directs further management of pregnancy.
- Nutrition Counselling
UPDATED ON 22/05/2023
Apollo Highlights & Updates
3rd Apollo Annual Proton Practicum
Event Date : 07-07-2023 to 09-07-2023