Bariatric Surgery Milestone
- Apollo Hospitals was one of the earliest centers in the country to start Bariatric Surgery way back in 2004.
- The group has performed more than 1000 surgeries and is one of the very few centers to perform all types of Bariatric procedures including Gastric Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Gastric Bypass, Mini Gastric Bypass, Bilio-pancreatic diversion, and metabolic surgeries.
- Apollo Hospitals is the first center till date to offer all types of minimal access techniques including endoscopic surgery, laparoscopy, single incision surgery & robotic surgery for Bariatrics.
- The group, through its Chennai hospital is the first center in India to introduce day care bariatric surgery since Jan 2012.
- Apollo Hospitals is one of the few institutes in India to conduct medical education & training programs in bariatric surgery involving international and national faculties.
Apollo Hospitals, Chennai has got the distinction for performing:
- Apollo Chennai is the first hospital in the Indian sub-continent to introduce Robotic technique for Bariatrics and performed Gastric Bypass, Sleeve gastrectomy & Revision Bariatrics and is the premier center to perform Robotic bariatrics on a regular basis.
- The World’s first Single Incision Revision Bariatric Surgery, India’s first Single Incision Gastric Bypass and is the leading center in the country to perform Single Incision Bariatric surgery on a regular basis.
- Asia’s first scarless endoscopic revision gastroplasty for failed bariatric surgery along with Apollo Endosurgery, USA and has tied up with them for its clinical studies.
- Robotic Gastric Bypass & Sleeve gastrectomy and is the premier center to perform Robotic bariatrics on a regular basis through its Apollo Vattikuti Robotic Surgery institute.
- Robotic bariatric surgery on Asia’s heaviest patient weighing 348 kgs (BMI = 112.5).
UPDATED ON 11/01/2022
Apollo Highlights & Updates
Patients with Covid-19 History Contributing towards Burden of New Diabetes Cases- say Experts at Indraprastha Apollo Hos...
Spike in Breast Cancer Cases among Women between the ages of 35-50 years, Say Experts at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, ...