Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology
The Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology has transformed the way knee replacement surgeries are being performed. Mako Technology is designed to aid orthopaedic surgeons by providing them the patient’s customised surgical plan based on their specific diagnosis and unique anatomy. With the help of a 3D virtual model of the patient’s knee, our Orthopaedic Surgeon guides the robotic-arm to remove bone and cartilage and then place the implant with greater precision.
With application-specific hardware and software, the Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology provides stereotactic/haptic guidance during orthopaedic surgical procedures by using the patient’s CT scan data and acts as an intelligent tool holder, to help our orthopaedic surgeons with:
- Pre-Surgical Planning.
- Implant Placement.
- Intraoperative Navigation of the Patient’s Anatomy.
- Generates a patient specific 3D pre-operative plan based on the CT scan report.
- Enables the surgeon to execute surgical plans more accurately.
- Protects surrounding soft tissue from damage.
- Provides real-time data throughout the procedure.
- Provides dynamic joint balancing for successful long-term outcomes.
- Minimally invasive and reduced post-operative pain.
- Less blood loss and faster recovery.
UPDATED ON 14/08/2023