Emergency Care & Air Ambulance Services
Apollo Hospitals is a pioneer of modern day emergency care in India. It set up the ‘National Network of Emergency Services’ to provide emergency care of uniform quality standards across the country. Its 24-hour emergency and trauma care is geared to meet all medical and surgical emergencies, including polytrauma…
Apollo Emergency Care
Apollo Emergency Care is a scientifically developed protocol-driven emergency system. The system has several unique and innovative features –
- An easy to remember emergency access number – 1066.
- Ambulances that are well equipped and manned by trained personnel indeed a veritable ‘Hospital on Wheels’.
- Air Ambulance Services for remote areas and life-threatening emergencies.
- Effective communication system between the central control room, ambulances and the emergency facilities in the hospitals.
- Standardised emergency rooms in the hospitals that are a part of the network.
- Common functional and medical protocols across the system.
- Training of doctors and other personnel required for pre-hospital and in-hospital care.
- ‘Dost’- an accident insurance card to increase affordability.
- Life Savers’- a community involvement programme for rescuing emergency victims and mobilising emergency response.
National Network of Emergency Services
The National Network of Emergency Services is operational across 9 cities in the country (Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Pune, Bilaspur, Kakinada and Bengaluru). The system comprises 22 emergency rooms, 60 ambulances and over 500 personnel.
Saving time is the first step in saving lives. Air Ambulance Services are used when ground transport could endanger a patient’s life. They are also indispensable when the patient is in a remote area and time is critical.
Apollo is equipping each of its hospitals with emergency air ambulance services. The Kolkata hospital has a roof helipad. Our Delhi and Hyderabad hospitals have landing facilities.
Both fixed wing aircrafts and helicopters provide the services. Aviation companies take care of the aviation logistics. Medical aspects like trained personnel, equipment and care are provided by the 1066 emergency services.
Apollo’s Air Ambulance services conquer time and distance in emergencies and saves lives.
UPDATED ON 31/01/2023