Gallium 68 (G68)
What is Gallium 68 (G68) and how does it help in the treatment?
Gallium 68 is a radioactive diagnostic agent used in positron emission tomography (PET) imaging. It is a high-definition technology with molecular imaging, enabling the doctors to:
- Precisely scan the Neuroendocrine tumors (NETs), in a short span of time.
- Identifies the smaller lesions, which was previously missed in the conventional PET CT.
- Stages the level of disease, facilitating a better treatment plan and excellent outcomes.
How would a patient be benefited by this scan?
Gallium (G68) is an advanced a technology that has the following benefits for the patients:
- Reduces the scan time for the patients significantly.
- Comfortable for obese as well claustrophobic patients due to wide bore and short tunnel.
- Reduction in radiation dose to the patient due to reduced administration of radiopharmaceuticals.
- Better management of patient due to Identification of undetected lesion.
- Overall, less discomfort to the patient
Where you can get Gallium 68 (G68) scan done?
The unique Gallium 68 scan is available at Apollo Specialty Cancer Hospital, Teynampet in Chennai, a 300 bedded facility with state-of-the-art technology and world class treatment.
For any enquiry contact at 99411 58888
UPDATED ON 05/04/2021