Hospitals in Madurai
The state-of-the-art bio-medical equipment complemented by highly-skilled staff ensure high standards of care at Apollo Specialty Hospitals, Madurai. The hospital places special emphasis on quality time between patients, doctors and nurses.
The hospital has an overall success rate of 98% and sees an average of 15,000 patients a year. A 24-hour panel of super-specialists are present at the hospital. This panel is equipped to tackle any emergency and honour the hospital’s commitment to providing all services under one roof
- The only Blood Bank centre in Madurai to prepare Cryoprecipitate.
- Has been designated as the Regional Blood Transfusion Centre by the Directorate of Drugs Control
- First Apheresis facility in Tamil Nadu
- No. 1 Centre in India and 5th in the world to perform Laparoscopic Renal Transplantation (Donor Nephrectomy)
- First Intensive Care Unit for Nephrology in South India
- More than 1000 successful Cardiothoracic Surgeries
- State-of-the-art Digital Cath lab equipped with Phillips Integris 2000
- First Renal Artery Angioplasty in South India
- Sophisticated and fully automated state-of-the-art laboratory
- Advanced Trauma Care Centre
- Rated as the best hospital in the region by The Week magazine
- Received the award for the best hospital in South Tamil Nadu by the Tamil Nadu Consumer Protection Council for the past four years
- Establishment of Emergency Accident Relief centres at National Highways
- Establishment of Apollo Telemedicine Centres at Tirunelveli, Kovilpatti,
Pudukottai and Tuticorin
- Establishment of Health Awareness Stalls at various exhibitions organised by MADITISSIA, Lions Club, Chamber of Commerce, etc.
- Establishment of the Apollo Intensive Care Unit with Telemedicine connectivity at Pamba, Sabarimalai during Maharapooja and Mandalapooja
- DISHA pilot project – Provision of affordable health care to people beyond the reach of quality health care with a mobile tele-clinical van (in association with Phillips, ISRO and the Dhan foundation)
- Madurai Apollo Heart Society – a trust to collect sponsorship to perform free heart surgeries for poor children identified by government hospitals
- Establishment of Satellite Dialysis centres at Pudukottai and Kovilpatti
- Establishment of a Regional Education centre on CAPD
- Apollo Health Time – a live dial-in interview programme on Cable TV for the
public to clarify their health queries with Senior Consultants
- Apollo Health Corner – A special health page in the Hindu & Dinamalar for health awareness articles published along with FAQs
Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Madurai perform a new medical treatment: Use of Skeletal Muscle relaxants in Oral Sub mucosal Fibrosis (Article Published in Indian Journal of Oto Laryngology and Head, Neck Surgery).
Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Madurai
Madurai – 625 020
Useful Telephone Numbers
UPDATED ON 22/05/2023