2021 to 2022
Since its inception, Apollo Hospitals has seen three decades and each has brought with it, its own share of cherished memories.
2021 to 2022
- Apollo Hospitals begins vaccinating healthcare workers and joins the national COVID vaccination drive.
- Apollo Hospitals Group partnered with Anatomiz3D Medtech to establish Hospital 3D Printing Labs for 3D printed implants.
- In a first for Asia, four back-to-back MitraClip procedures were successfully performed in a single day at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
- India’s first Multimodal Management of Bone Metastasis from the kidney with a Single Stage Megaprosthesis Replacement of Femur and Laparoscopic Nephrectomy was performed at Apollo Proton Cancer Centre.
- South India’s first Memory Preserving Cyberknife Procedure was successfully performed on a New Zealand patient at Apollo Cancer Centre, Chennai.
- A 2-day-old infant diagnosed with Vein of Galen Malformation was successfully treated by Apollo Children’s Hospital.
- India’s First Video Newsletter – PRONEWS was launched by Apollo Proton Cancer Centre.
- Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore becomes first hospital in the country to have successfully completed 100 Robotic Cardiac Surgeries.
- TrueBeam radiotherapy system with Velocity for advanced cancer treatment was launched by Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad.
- Assam’s first ever transcatheter heart valve replacement procedure (TAVR) was successfully performed by Apollo Hospitals, Guwahati on a 73-year-old female.
- Eastern India’s first, an Interstitial laser therapy procedure was performed at Apollo Multispecialty Hospitals, Kolkata to save a foetus.
- Apollo Multispecialty Hospitals, Kolkata performed a blood transfusion inside the womb and saved the life of an unborn baby, first ever in Eastern India.
- Apollo Hospitals announces free COVID-19 vaccinations for children with co-morbidities.
- Apollo Hospitals has joined the COVID-19 vaccination drive for children aged 15-18 years across the country.
- J&K government has signed a MoU with Apollo Hospitals to establish a multi-speciality hospital at Jammu.
- Apollo Hospitals collaborates with The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic for International Second Opinion Services for their patients.
- Doctors at Apollo Hospitals, Ahmedabad gave a new lease of life to a patient by removing a rare tumour weighing 47kg.
- Apollo Hospitals collaborates to enter the Metaverse using 8chili’s HintVR™ platform.
- The World’s first combined Elective Caesarean and Robotic Assisted Radical Nephrectomy was successfully performed at Apollo Proton Cancer Centre.
- Asia’s first dual implant of MitraClip and TAVR was successfully performed on a Sri Lankan patient at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai successfully performs India’s first Robot-Assisted Cardiac Surgery on a 93-year-old patient.
- Gujarat’s first liver and kidney transplant from living donors was successfully performed on a Myanmar patient at Apollo Hospitals, Ahmedabad.
- Odisha’s first Da Vinci Robotic Surgery was successfully performed by Apollo Cancer Centre, Bhubaneswar.
- India’s first Awake Carotid Endarterectomy procedure was performed by Apollo Hospitals, Chennai on a 93-years-old patient.
- Apollo Hospitals, Ahmedabad enters the India Book of Records for surgically removing the heaviest kidney tumour weighing 3.1 kg in a child.
- Apollo Hospitals enters Haryana to develop a world-class hospital and healthcare facility.
- India’s First Moses 2.0 Technology, a game changing breakthrough in urology care was introduced by Apollo Hospitals, Seshadripuram, Bangalore.
- India’s first Paediatric Liaison Psychiatry Department was launched by Apollo Children’s Hospitals.
- Gujarat’s first Bentall procedure with double valve replacement surgery was successfully performed by Apollo Hospitals, Ahmedabad.
- For the first time in the world, Endoscopic Transcanal Excision of Facial Nerve Schwannoma was successfully performed by Apollo Cancer Centre, Bangalore.
- Asia’s first Radical Pleurectomy with HITHOC was successfully performed on an adolescent at Apollo Proton Cancer Centre.