Apollo Hospitals Delhi to conduct 2-day state of the art, hands on training in echocardiography on the latest cutting edge technology and its application in the Cardiac OT, Intensive Care Unit and in the Non-Invasive Cardiac Lab, on 14th and 15th, February 2011.
This 2-day course offers an exciting NEW opportunity for all cardiovascular specialists (Cardiologists, Cardiac Anesthetists, and Intensivists) to learn latest techniques in diagnostic echocardiography imaging in a clinical setting with a “HOW TO DO IT approach. The course is designed to improve and enhance your current practices!
- Guidelines and practices for echocardiographic assessment- How to make the correct assessments for the right heart and left ventricular function, diastology, evaluation of prosthetic valves, valvular regurgitation, cardiac masses, hemodynamic measurements and much more.
- From basic to advanced techniques- There is something for everyone. Learn the newest techniques: 3D TTE/TEE, strain rate imaging, multimodality assessment of the difficult patient, ICU use of Echo imaging, and cardiac resynchronization therapy.
- PERIOPERATIVE 2D AND 3D TEE IN THE OT: How to do it efficiently! What information does the cardiac surgeon want to know before and after repair from 2D and 3D imaging!
- ASSESSMENT OF HAEMODYNAMCS IN THE ICU AND OT: Echo for diagnosis and management in critically ill patients. Learn the valuable techniques!
- PRACTICAL 3D ECHO TODAY IN THE OPD: Assessment of LV function and dyssynchrony. Learn new applications.
- SPECKLE TRACKING AND STRAIN IMAGING: Myocardial dysfunction, Dyssynchrony and more. How to use it in your clinical practice- OPD, OT and ICU.
- TEE AND TTE SIMULATOR TRAINING: AN EXCITING INNOVATION. Learn and train on this latest teaching tool!
The course is entirely devoted to practical learning. All demonstrations will be performed by the bedside.
All course instructors have an enormous experience in clinical care and teaching.
Dr. A. Mahajan, M.D., Ph.D., CCDS, FAHA
Professor and Chief, Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
Director, UCLA Interventional Cardiology Operations
Consultant, UCLA Cardiac Arrhythmia Center
Director, Perioperative Echocardiography
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. P. K. Ghosh MD, DM FIMSA, FICC
Senior Consultant Non-Interventional Cardiology, Apollo Hospital
Dr. K. K. Kapur MD, DM
Senior Consultant Non Interventional Cardiology, Apollo Hospital
Course Dates: February 14th-15th, 2011
Venue : Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
Course Fees: Rs 25,000/-
Number of students in the first batch – 25
Course booklet for ready practical reference for the future
Subsequent follow-up and guidance by mail /telephone for six months to enable you to improve your practice in your clinical environment.