Apollo is Asia’s foremost integrated healthcare provider and has been honoured with the trust of over 37 million patients who came from 120 countries. Every year, over 50,000 patients from across the world travel to Apollo Hospitals for an international standard of medical treatment at an affordable cost.
Speaking on the occasion of the momentous 30th anniversary, Dr Prathap C Reddy, Chairman, Apollo Hospitals Group said”Our journey of healing began in Chennai with the launch of the country’s first corporate hospital. Over the years, Apollo has earned global recognition for its highly skilled medical talent and world class infrastructure that enable it to deliver clinical outcomes that compare with the best institutions in the world, at an affordable cost. Apollo will aggressively propagate the need for personalized check-ups. We were the pioneers in this space and we want to continue to do what we do better. Accessibility is just as important as affordability when it comes to administering healthcare and hence the medical fraternity as a whole needs to invest in better IT Infrastructure to ensure smarter patient management, gain remote access and upgrade technology to stay ahead.””””
Dr. Reddy added “Trusted across the world, Apollo Hospitals is committed to serving the underserved geographies in India and will be adding over 2,500 beds over the next three years while simultaneously strengthening its prowess as a global healthcare destination”.
Ms. Preetha Reddy, Managing Director, Managing Director said “With unparalleled Clinical excellence combined with world class expertise, tempered with ever-tender empathy, Apollo’s mission has always been to bring healthcare of international standards within the reach of every individual. Keeping that in mind we have spread our footprint across tier II and III locations to serve more people and enable positive clinical outcomes. To bring in our 30th anniversary of serving the community, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai will be organising 30,000 health screenings across Tamil Nadu in keeping with its credo of encouraging people to stay well and healthy”. Apollo Hospitals had pioneered the concept of preventive health care in India with the Apollo Health Checks and has performed over 8 million health checks since inception.
“Apollo’s invaluable asset is the trust of 37 million patients earned over 30 years. The journey this far has been both challenging and rewarding. We have learnt from each challenge that came our way and it has helped mould us into what we are today. We will continue to strive to bring world Class Healthcare to India and help boost the sector as a whole and contribute to our economy.” said Ms. Suneeta Reddy, Joint Managing Director, Apollo Hospitals Group.
Apollo Hospitals’ India footprint will witness a 3 pronged approach:
- Expansion of beds and facilities & units in existing clusters
- Address increasing demand and focus on key specialties
- Become dominant healthcare provider in key locations
- New hospitals in metros and large cities- reaching to wider urban population
- Expansion in tier II and tier III cities through REACH hospitals, garnering first mover advantage and leveraging strong brand
- Chennai – continued dominance by expanding into West and South of Chennai
- Bangalore – again we are widening the market reach by adding two hospitals in Bangalore both in North and South
- New hospitals in metros in West
- Nellore, Trichy and Nashik (REACH hospitals)
A few of the clinical milestones achieved by the Apollo Hospitals Group include:
- Pioneered health checks benefitting 8 million individuals
- Emerged as the world’s busiest Solid Organ Transplant program: 1,200 transplants in the year 2012
- 360 degree heart care: 152,000 surgeries, 125,000 angioplasties performed
- Pioneering Emergency services: 120,000 lives saved every year
- Transforming Neurosciences: 10,000 surgeries every year
- Pioneers in several Orthopaedic procedures and South East Asia’s only robotic spine surgery centre
- Revolutionising Cancer Care: CyberKnife, Novalis TX, Trubeam and soon to launch South East Asia’s 1st Proton Beam Facility.
- Spearheaded the Robot-assisted surgery revolution and have the largest number of centres across India.
- Declared as a ‘Centre of Excellence’ by the Government of India- The Government of India has honoured Apollo Hospitals with the Apollo Commemorative Stamp. Apollo Hospitals is the first and only hospital to receive such recognition
- Rated as the “”””Best private sector multi-speciality Hospital’- by a reputed publication- Instilling hope in many, Apollo was the first to launch world’s first and only PET SUITE, the most technologically advanced diagnostic imaging facility along with First Renaissance Robotic Spine Surgery system in India and South Asia.
- Earned a prestigious rank as the best private Paediatric hospital in India- We are continuously striving to Make Chennai a safe place for Children by providing free First Aid and Basic Life Support training to teachers, parents, school van drivers and Traffic police
- Apollo Chennai featured among the best in Cardiac Care in India- On par with global standards including the most recent and India’s first Bridge Heart transplant.
- Emerged as the best private sector hospital for cancer care
- HIMSS Analytics Asia Pacific recognised Apollo Hospitals Chennai for achieving Stage 6 of the EMR Adoption Model (EMRAM)
- Dr. Prathap C. Reddy, Founder and Chairman of the Apollo Hospitals Group was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award by NDTV.
- Revolutionised healthcare administration and ensuring access to all in India- Apollo hospitals’ were the First in the world to use satellite technology for telemedicine and first to introduce India’s first m-health model using the mobile telephony platform.
From inspiring over 3, 50,000 individuals to pledge to stay heart- healthy through the Billion Hearts Beating initiative to extending support to CURE Foundation (an initiative for cancer prevention, cure & rehabilitation), for spreading awareness about cancer, its causes, symptoms and treatment options, the Apollo Hospitals Group, in addition to providing outstanding clinical outcomes, is on an extended mission to make the country healthy and safe by Choice.