The speciality that addresses heart conditions in babies [including unborn babies], children and teenagers is called Pediatric Cardiology. Treatment is provided for Structural, functional, and rhythm-related problems of the heart and a high degree of success is achieved. The Pediatric cardiologists and Pediatric cardiac surgeons of Apollo hospitals, who are trained in the top centres in the country and world, add their immense expertise and experience to this superspecialty.
Our Centres for Pediatric cardiac surgery at our hospitals perform the following:
- Atrial Septal Defect repair - A defect between the heart's two upper chambers called the atria.
- Ventricular Septal Defect repair - A defect between the heart's two lower chambers called the ventricles.
- Coarctation of Aorta repair - a birth defect that results in the narrowing of part of the aorta (the major artery leading out of the heart).
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus closure - an abnormal circulation of blood between two of the major arteries of the heart - the aorta and the pulmonary artery.
- Tetralogy of Fallot treatment - a common cause of "blue babies".