Dr Surabhi Somani
Bachelors in Dental Surgery, Masters in Public Health (IIHMR)
- Speciality: Tobacco Cessation Counsellor
- Experience:8 Years of experience
Book an Appointment
Apollo Health City Jubilee Hills
Apollo Health City, Road No 72, Opp. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan School, Film Nagar, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033Get Directions
Timing: MON- SAT ( 09:00 AM-13:45 PM )
- Dr.Surabhi Somani is a Tobacco Cessation Counselor who aids people in quitting tobacco & quit smoking through not only medication which treats chemical imbalance but applies different alternate techniques to balance the negative energy which helps users to have a tobacco free life. She initiated her tobacco cessation journey in 2011 with Public health foundation of India and her passion for tobacco cessation led her to found her own venture – Toxin Taxation to make a larger impact to society.
- Conducted a Tobacco Cessation Webinar organized by Tanzania Global Learning Agency at Tanzania in June,2019
- Invited by Ministry of AYUSH on International Yoga Day,2019 to talk on Tobacco and Mudra for people to fight craving while they are quitting
- Invited by IGMH (Indra Gandhi Memorial Hospital), Male’, Maldives to train their para-medical staff to initiate behaviour change counselling and establish a Tobacco Cessation Unit at the premises in March,2018
- Invited for a Panel Discussion by ‘Indian Medical Association’ on “Tobacco and Health”
- Presented with the “Young Achievers Award-2017” by Quality of Council of India for the work in tobacco control
- Awarded the ‘Tharuni Mitra Award’ on ‘International Women's Day, 2017’. Presented the award by the famous Telugu Director ‘Sri Radha Krishna Jagarlamudi’ aka – ‘Krish’ for pioneering work in Tobacco Cessation through Awareness Talks and Counselling in Hyderabad
- Featured by National Media, including All India Radio (AIR), Doordarshan, Bharat Today’ on ‘World No Tobacco Day, 2017’.
- Conducted CME in 2017 at Maldives, organized by Cancer Society of Maldives.
- Felicitated on ‘World No Tobacco Day, 2016’ by Shri. Bonthu Ram Mohan, Mayor of Hyderabad as ‘Tobacco Cessation Counsellor’ for Hyderabad
- Recognized by the Lions Club on ‘Doctors Day 2016’ for contribution in the field of tobacco cessation
Health Library Blog
UPDATED ON 06/06/2022
Apollo Highlights & Updates
Apollo Proton Cancer Centre has launched a comprehensive Mobile Health Program in Thoothukudi District, Tamil Nadu....
Apollo Proton Cancer Centre celebrated International Nurses Day with the theme ‘Angels wear Blue Scrubs’....