Neuro – Vascular Disorders
Neuro Vascular disorders such as stroke, brain aneurysms/arteriovenous malformations, Vasculitis, spinal vascular malformations, carotid stenosis and intracranial atherosclerosis etc are treated
- Intra arterial and intravenous thrombolytic therapy in acute ischemic stroke
- Intra sinus thrombolysis in select cases of Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis
- Balloon angioplasty and carotid stenting
- Carotid endarterectomy and EC/ST/IC bypass Brachiocephalic bypass
- Surgical evaluation of hematoma
- Decompressive craniectomy for Malignant middle cerebral artery infarction and massive haemorrhagic infarcts
- Endovascular coiling/stenting for brain aneurysms
- Microsurgical clipping of aneurysms
The department offers coordinated treatment options in the management of epilepsy. Adult and pediatric patients are treated with regular video EEG seizure monitoring. Apart from drug therapy, surgical treatment options and vagal stimulation methods are followed based on individual assessment and severity of the seizure.
- Long term video EEG monitoring
- ICU EEG monitoring
- Epilepsy surgeries like Temporal
- lobectomy, Amygdalahippocampectomy, Lesionectomy, Functional hemispherectomy
- Vagal nerve stimulation
- Ketogenic diet
Movement Disorders :
The department offers different treatment options for adults and children suffering from movement disorders including Parkinson’s disease, tremors and dystonia. The department uses a multidisciplinary approach working closely with imaging technology like MRI, rehabilitation and pain management.
Botulinum toxin injections guided by electromyography for dystonia and post-stroke spasticity
Baclofen intrathecal pump surgery for spasticity
Deep brain stimulation in patients with Parkinson’s disease
Sleep Disorders & Vertigo (Neuro-Otology)
The department has a well-established sleep lab and ENG and specializes in the treatment of sleep disorders.
Neuro Muscular Disorders
Muscular disorders occur very frequently. Muscular dystrophy, spinal muscular atrophy, congenital myopathies Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, peripheral neuropathy, myasthenia gravis, and myopathies are slow and sometimes fatal.
The department offers a comprehensive treatment option for both children and adults. Nerve conduction studies, Electromyography nerve and muscle biopsy, spinal fluid analysis are carried out to diagnose the problem.
Full-fledged EMG lab offers various diagnostic services
The department specializes in the treatment of primary and metastatic tumors of the brain, spine and nerves utilizing the latest technology.
The department excels in the diagnosis and treatment of spinal disorders, including scoliosis, spinal stenosis and spinal tumors.
The department offers extensive care and treatment methods for patients suffering from MS.
The department offers a physical, psychological and medical approach to pain management. Chronic pain rehab programs are available for people suffering from severe pain/ migraine
Botulinum toxin injections for refractory migraine is also done.