Pioneering Experience in Neuro Care – Brain & Spine Suite
The Institute of Neurosciences backed by Apollo Health City, Hyderabad’s 31 years of pioneering experience in neuro care, is the first independent facility in the region for comprehensive brain, spine and nerve care. The Institutes offer advanced neurology, neurosurgery, spine surgery, neuro-oncology, neuroradiology, neuropsychology and neuro-rehabilitation services to patients of all ages – under one roof.
Designed to operate as an independent facility, our comprehensive Institute have an exclusive outpatient department, inpatient department, a daycare unit, dedicated neuro ICUs, dedicated Brain Suite, exclusive Spine Suite, digital integrated Neurosurgery Suite, Interventional Neuroradiology Suite, state-of-the-art imaging facilities including Intraoperative MRI, O-arm (surgical imaging system), nuclear medicine, and a 24-hour wing to handle all emergencies.
“Actively involved in on-going research including glioma/ movement disorders.”
Brain Suite is equipped with Intraoperative MRI latest Stealth Navigation System, HD quality flexible and rigid Endoscopy, CUSA, Neuro – Physiological Monitoring System. Spine Suite is equipped with O-arm, Robotic Spine (Mazor) System for Spine Surgery and all types of spinal endoscopic surgery system.
The outstanding team of physicians at the Institutes comprises of highly experienced neurologists, neurosurgeons, spine surgeons, paediatric neurologists, neuroradiologists and neuropsychologists. Always willing to take time out to listen to patients and understand their medical problems holistically, they adopt a multi-disciplinary approach to provide specialized, evidence-based treatment with the help of trained nurses, technicians and rehabilitation therapists.
“Specialist Team Performs about 1100 surgeries per annum with less than 1% Mortality rate (for elective). “
For more than a decade, the Institute also has a dedicated
- Neurovascular intervention lab run by trained Neurosurgical team
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
Apollo Hospitals has always been focusing on having the best of the clinical skills available
- 7 Neurosurgeons with multiple sub-specializations practising as a Single Largest Neurosurgical Team with a complete range of Brain, Spinal & Peripheral Nerve surgeries.
- Dedicated Neurosurgical DNB Registrars; Neuro-anaesthetic team with MCI approved DNB Neuro-critical, Neuro-anaesthetic programs; Paediatric Neuro & Spine care; Functional and Radiosurgery specialists.
- Team of 7 Neurologists with Intraoperative, electrophysiological inputs.
As the same team performs surgical & neuro-intervention and stereotactic radiosurgery there is No Treatment Bias in Deciding the Ideal Treatment.
360 Degree Services
- ENLS (Emergency Neuro Life Saver) team with round-the-clock cover.
- The Advanced Stroke Center, with 24/7 radiology services
- World-class rehabilitation centre
- Thrombolysis, Mechanical thrombectomy | Stroke surgery Life Saving | Averts significant life-changing disability |
Facilitates faster recovery
- Minimally invasive Spine surgery
- Complex Functional Neurosurgeries for chronic neurologic disorders
- Epilepsy | Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- For treating patients with arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) tumours.
- Shorter hospital stay, bloodless, faster recovery.
- Endovascular intervention
- Specialized Neuro Rehabilitation
- Dedicated 45 bedded Neuro Rehabilitation Centre as well as an Outpatient Based Wellness Centre with Hydrotherapy.
- Two Dedicated Neuro ICUs – 20 beds
- State-of-the-art Lab
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy and rehabilitation for patients with neurological and physical disabilities
- Speech therapy for patients with language disabilities
Infrastructure and Equipment
We have created a Dedicated Brain Suite and a Dedicated Spine Suite, the only one available in India, with the following:
- Neuro-navigation frame and frameless stereotactic system
- Cranial | Spinal complete Endoscopic System
- Intra-operative Neuro Physiological Monitor
- Intra-Op Ultrasound
O-arm (surgical imaging system)
The O-arm system is an intraoperative 2D/3D imaging system that is designed to meet the workflow demands of the surgical environment. It can be used in a variety of procedures including spine, cranial, and orthopaedics.
Robotic Spine (Mazor) System
- Improved surgical accuracy
- Smaller incision
- Fewer surgical complications
- Reduced Hospitalization
- Faster recovery
Intraoperative Magnetic Resonance Imaging (iMRI) is a procedure to create real-time images of the brain during surgery. Neurosurgeons rely on iMRI technology to create accurate pictures of the brain that guide them in removing brain tumors and other abnormalities during operations. Real-time images created with iMRI are crucial to
Distinguish abnormal brain tissue from normal brain tissue. It can be difficult to distinguish the edges of a brain tumor and separate normal tissue from abnormal tissue. Imaging with iMRI during surgery helps confirm the successful removal of the entire brain tumor.
Locate abnormalities if the brain has shifted. The brain often shifts during surgery, which makes pre-surgical imaging no longer precise. Imaging with iMRI during the surgery gives surgeons the most accurate information.
Book Appointment with our top Neurologists & Neurosurgeons here —> http://bit.ly/neuroteamahc
For more details or for further enquiry call 1860 500 1066 or 040-2360 7777