Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
Paediatric Cardiac Surgery deals with heart conditions in babies (including unborn babies), children and adolescents. Structural, functional, and rhythm-related problems of the heart are dealt with a high degree of success.
Some of the procedures performed by our Paediatric Cardiac Surgeons include:
- Atrial Septal Defect -A defect between the heart’s two upper chambers called the atria
- Ventricular Septal Defect -A defect between the heart’s two lower chambers called the ventricles.
- Coarctation of Aorta – a birth defect that results in the narrowing of part of the aorta (the major artery leading out of the heart).
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus – an abnormal circulation of blood between two of the major arteries of the heart – the aorta and the pulmonary artery.
- Tetralogy of Fallot – a common cause of “blue babies”.