Overview of Orthopedic Treatment in Bangalore
The Apollo Institutes of Orthopedics enjoy the reputation of being one of the pioneering bone and joint centres in the country with a legacy of innovation and excellence. The Institutes are at the forefront in offering the latest in Orthopedic treatments and Orthopedic surgical advancements on par with the best centres in the world.
The Apollo Speciality Centres for Orthopedics are at the forefront in offering the latest in orthopedic treatments and surgical techniques. The centres perform surgical procedures which include the most current arthroscopic and reconstructive techniques – including major joint replacements including Hip resurfacing and shoulder surgeries, arthroscopies, laminectomies, the most delicate hand surgeries and much more. The most advanced medical equipment and a team of highly experienced surgeons are supported by computer navigation and imaging equipment with robotically- assisted technology.
At Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore:
- Pioneers of Total Knee Replacement, in India.
- Were the first to perform Birmingham Hip procedure in India.
- The hospital has a 99% success rate for Hip Resurfacing procedure.
- Pioneers of Illizarov Procedure for limb lengthening in India.
- Successful Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty in a single sitting was carried out on a 92-year old man, at Apollo Hospital, Bangalore.