Milestones – Oncology Hospital in Bangalore
A decade after the establishment of India’s first corporate hospital, Apollo Hospitals in Chennai, on 30th September 1993, Dr. Prathap.C Reddy launched a dedicated state-of-the-art facility for cancer care in the same city. Originally named Apollo Cancer Hospital, it commenced operations as a 45-bed unit with medical oncology and eventually other treatment modalities like surgical and radiation oncology were added to the overall cancer offering.
Our National Achievements
- First hospital group in South-East Asia to introduce the 64 Slice PET-CT Scan.
- First hospital to introduce PET MRI.
- First hospital in India to introduce CyberKnife®.
- First hospital group in India to have all the latest Radiotherapy Linacs like NovalisTx™ and TrueBeam.
- First hospital in India to be launching Proton Therapy.
- Over 100,000 IMRT Radiotherapy Sessions.
- Demonstrated excellence in Over 500,000 Linac Radiotherapy Sessions.
- Over 1,000,000 Chemo Sessions.
- First hospital in India to have Robotic Onco SurgeryOver 700,000 Inpatients.
- Over 2,500,000 Outpatients.
- Over 120 referral destinations.
- Over 750 beds dedicated to Oncology.
- Over 125 Oncology specialists across Apollo Group.
- Over 1500 nursing staff dedicated to Oncology.
- Over 700 Bone Marrow Transplants performed.
- Over 200 Onco Robotic Surgeries.
- Over 100,000 Onco Surgeries at success rates comparable to the best in the world.
- Over 1300 CyberKnife® Robotic Radio Surgery cases.