BGS Apollo Hospital is located in Kuvempunagar, in the heart of Mysore City, in the state of Karnataka. It was opened on the 1st of August, 2001 having only 10 beds. Since then the bed-strength has increased to 200 with an occupancy levels of a 100%, the hospital handles around 62,000 patients a year on average, including international patients.
The hospital is well known for its key specialties which are Gynaecology, Dialysis services , Laboratory services and Radiology. The specialised Clinics are the Gynaecology and Nephrology Clinics.
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Endocrinology & Diabetes
- Plastic Surgery
- Rare orthopaedic procedures performed were minimal invasive spine stabilisation and fusion surgery and correction of spinal deformity with a 100 degrees curve in a 24 year old patient using the technique called direct vertebral column rotation.
- Rare CTVS procedures were closure of bilateral coronary pulmonary artery fistula and aortic valve replacement.
- New chemotherapy agent aflibercept was introduced. Ziv-aflibercept (ZALTRAP), in combination with 5-fluorouracil, leucovorin, irinotecan-(FOLFIRI), is indicated for patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) that is resistant to or has progressed following an oxaliplatin-containing regimen.
- Non-operative management of grade IV liver injury was done by interventional embolization.
- First reported case of surgery for recurrent pancreatic carcinoma with portal vein reconstruction done.
For more details on Apollo hospitals, visit www.apollobgshospitalsmysore.com/