Dr. Satyajit Gohil is a highly esteemed Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgeon with more than 12 years of experience. He has extensive experience in a wide range of minimally invasive surgical procedures, from basic laparoscopic operations such as hernia repair and appendectomy to more complex laparoscopic procedures including bariatric surgery, laparoscopic procedures, and esophagectomy.
He is one of the few surgeons to have successfully operated on patients with chronic pancreatitis. Dr. Godhi has presented various research papers at international and national conferences and has contributed a chapter on Gallbladder and Bile Duct to the textbook of surgical gastroenterology. He holds a highly esteemed faculty position in the field of Surgical Gastroenterology in India.
- MBBS – Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (JNMC), Belagavi – September 2003 – February 2007
- Pre-registration House Officer (Internship) – Karnataka Lingayat Education (KLE) Society’s Hospital and Medical Research Centre – February 2007 – February 2008
- S. General Surgery (Post Graduation) – Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi – June 2008 – June 2011
- Ch Gastrointestinal Surgery (Post-Doctoral Super Specialization) – Govind Ballabh Pant Institute Of Postgraduate Medical Education And Research, New Delhi – August 2012 – August 2015
- Consultant in Surgical Gastroenterology, Laparoscopy, and Gastrointestinal Cancer Surgery – Apollo Hospitals Bangalore – 2015 – Present
- B. Pant Hospital, Delhi – Surgical Gastroenterologist – 2012-2015
- L.E Hospital and Medical Research Centre – 2008-2012
Honors & Awards
- 1st prize in poster presentation. 24th National conference of the Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology, Sep 2014 – Ahmedabad. “Functional and Morphological Changes Following Whipple’s Pancreaticoduodenectomy for Periampullary Carcinoma.” Presented by Sundeep Singh Saluja, Satyajit Godhi, Pramod Kumar Mishra, Nilesh Patil, Dinesh Ramaswamy.
- 1st prize in poster presentation. 23rd Annual Congress of the Indian Association Of Surgical Gastroenterology – Oct 2013, New Delhi. “Chronic Pancreatitis With Benign Biliary Obstruction.” Presented by Sundeep Singh Saluja, Raja Kalayasaran, Pramod Kumar Mishra, Siddharth Srivastava, Sandip Chandrasekar, Satyajit Godhi.
- 2nd prize in quiz competition: Surgical Society Of Bengaluru /ASICC – 2010.