Dr. Vikram Kamath is a Neurosurgeon based in Bangalore, bringing over fifteen years of expertise to his practice. Specialising in Neuropsychology, Paediatric neurology, Alzheimer’s disease, and Rehabilitation services, Dr. Kamath’s compassionate approach fosters patient confidence in their recovery.
- Senior Consultant Neurologist – Apollo Hospitals Bangalore – January 2008 to Present.
- Associate Professor – St. John’s Medical College Hospital (SJMCH) – October 2004 to December 2007.
- Assistant Professor in Neurology – St. John’s Medical College Hospital (SJMCH), Bangalore – October 2001 to September 2004.
- Senior Resident in the Dept. of Neurology (NIMHANS) – September 1998 to August 2002.
- Junior Resident in Neurology at NIMHANS, Bangalore – September 1995 to February 1997.
- Junior Resident in Medicine at Victoria Hospital, Bangalore Medical College (BMC), Bangalore – March 1997 to August 1998.
- Rotatory Internship for one year (April 1994 to March 1995) at KMC, Mangalore.
- MBBS – Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Mangalore
- M. Neurology – The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore.
- Rotatory Internship at KMC, Mangalore – April 1994 to March 1995.
Honors & Awards
- “Autonomic Dysfunction in Wilson’s Disease: A Clinical and Electrophysiological Study.”
- Authors: S. Meenakshi-Sundaram, A. B. Taly, V. Kamath, G. R. Arunodaya, S. Rao, and H. S. Swamy.
- Published in Clinical Autonomic Research (2002), 12, 185-189.
- “Phenobarbitone-Induced Gingival Hyperplasia: Case Report.”
- Authors: S. Sinha, V. Kamath, A. B. Taly, G. R. Arunodaya.
- Published in Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry (2002), 73, 601-602.
- “Functional MRI of the Hand Motor Cortex in a Case of Persistent Mirror Movement.”
- Authors: P. N. Jayakumar, J. M. E. Kavoor, S. G. Srikanth, A. B. Taly, V. Kamath.
- Published in Neurology India (2003), 51, 94-97.
- “Acute Painful Peripheral Neuropathy due to Metronidazole.”
- Authors: G. R. K. Sarma, V. Kamath.
- Published in Neurology India (June 2005), Vol. 53, pp. 372-373.
- “Remitting-Relapsing Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis (SSPE): Description and Mini-Review.”
- Authors: V. Kamath, A. B. Taly, S. Sinha et al.
- Published in Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology (2005), 8, 101-104.
- “A Case of Parkinsonism Worsened by Losartan: A Probable New Adverse Effect.”
- Authors: G. R. K. Sarma, Vikram Kamath, Thomas Mathew, A. K. Roy.
- Published in Movement Disorders (June 2008), 23(7), 1055.
- “Subdural Hematoma, Subarachnoid Haemorrhage, and Intracerebral Parenchymal Haemorrhage Secondary to Cerebral Sinovenous Thrombosis: A Rare Combination.”
- Authors: Thomas Mathew, G. R. K. Sarma, Vikram Kamath, A. K. Roy.
- Published in Neurology India (Jan 2007), 55(4), 438-439.
- “Thesis on Dysautonomias in Spinal Cord Disorders: Clinical and Electrophysiological Profile (Submitted to NIMHANS in partial fulfilment for the award of D.M. degree in Neurology).”
Membership and Affiliations
- Life member of Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN)
- Neurological Society of India (NSI)
- Bangalore Neurological Society (BNS)
- Former Honorary Secretary (2007-2009) of Bangalore Neurological Society, Bangalore
Area of Expertise
- Dementias (Alzheimer’s disease)
- Parkinson’s Disease