Dr. Satish Sathyanarayana is a highly skilled Neurosurgeon with more than 34 years of experience, currently working at Apollo Hospitals. He possesses extensive experience and skills in dealing with a wide range of Neuro and Spinal problems. Specializing in cutting-edge techniques like Skull Base Surgery, Micro-Neurosurgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Craniofacial Reconstruction Surgery, and Spinal Instrumentation, he has performed over 2500 complex spine surgeries and approximately 1500 brain procedures.
Dr. Satish has consistently excelled academically throughout his career, earning eight gold medals and securing the first position during his MBBS studies. He also holds prominent teaching positions at some of Asia’s most respected educational institutions. Through his presentations and speeches at national and international conferences, he effectively conveys his profound knowledge in the area of brain sciences. Additionally, he has authored or co-authored numerous research articles that have been published in national and international publications.
- Additional Director and Senior Consultant in Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery at Fortis Hospital, Bangalore – July 2012
- Senior Consultant in Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery at Apollo Hospital, Bangalore – July 2006 – July 2012
- Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at NIMHANS, Bangalore – July 2004 – July 2006
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at NIMHANS, Bangalore – Feb 2001 – Feb 2004
- Research Fellow in Neurosurgery (Skull Base and CerebroVascular Surgery) at Louisiana State University of Health Sciences, Shreveport, U.S. – Feb 2000 – Dec 2000
- Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at SVIMS, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh – Sept 1998 – January 2001
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at SVIMS, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh – Sept 1995 – Sept 1998
- Senior Resident in Neurosurgery at NIMHANS, Bangalore – Jan 1993 – Sept 1995
- Junior Resident in Neurosurgery at NIMHANS, Bangalore – Sept 1989 – Jan 1993
- MBBS – Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore University – 1988
- Ch (Neurosurgery) – NIMHANS, Bangalore University – 1994
- Diplomate of National Board (DNB, Neurosurgery) – National Board of Exams, New Delhi – 1995
- Research Fellowship – Louisiana State University of Health Sciences, Shreveport – 2000
Honors & Awards
- In mbbs it is first rank for Bangalore University in final mbbs .
- Under membership al add AMC ( Association of medical consultants ) life membership.
- Life membership of Bangalore neurological society
Area of Expertise
- General Neurosurgery
- Complex Spinal Surgery and Instrumentation
- Minimal Access Brain and Spine Surgery
- Skull Base Surgery
- Cerebrovascular Surgery