Dr Karthik S is deeply passionate about providing safe, efficient, and patient-centred care. He has around a decade of dedicated experience in providing Minimal Access surgeries. He is registered with the Karnataka Medical Council and is a member of the Association of Surgeons of India. He expertly treats conditions like Abdominal and Groyne Hernias, Gallbladder Disorders, Colorectal and Anal Canal Disorders, Acute Abdominal Emergencies, Thyroid Disorders and Breast Disorders. He is an honoured member of the Medical Council of India. Dr Karthik S won the best paper award in the event – KSCASICON 2020 for TAP blocks in Patients undergoing TEP. Also, he is the first author of many publications like “laparoscopic excision of large rectal Gist” and the article” Analysis of Laparoscopic port site complications- A descriptive study”.
- He started his career as a junior Resident in General Surgery at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, from May 2009 till April 2012.
- He then went on to work as a Resident doctor at Bangalore institute of Oncology from Feb’08 to Aug’08.
- He was also a Senior Resident in General Surgery at ESIC PGI&MSR, Rajajinagar, Bangalore, from July 2012 to August 2013.
- He worked as a Deputy Medical Officer at Neyveli Lignite Corporation from August 2013 to March 2014.
- Dr Karthik S was also a Senior Resident in Minimal access surgery, Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgery, at Fortis hospital Bannerghatta road, Bangalore, from March 2014 to May 2016.
- Up until 2019, he worked as an Associate Consultant in Minimal Access Surgery at Fortis Hospital, Cunningham Road.
- He has also worked as a Consultant in Minimal Access Surgery, Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgery at Aster RV Hospital, JP Nagar, Bangalore, from April 2019 – Sep 2021.
- He currently works as a Consultant in the Department of Minimal Access, GI, Bariatric and Robotic surgery at Apollo Hospital Bangalore.
Dr Karthik S completed his MBBS in 2007 from Kempegowda Institute of Medical Science, Bangalore. RGUHS University. He then went on to complete his MS in General Surgery in 2012 from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Manipal University. He then received his DNB in General surgery in 2013 from NBE, New Delhi. He got his FNB in Minimal Access Surgery in March 2014 from Fortis Hospital, Bangalore. He also received training in laparoscopic surgery from CEMAST.
Area of Expertise
- Minimal Access Surgery
- Abdominal Pain Treatment
- Abdominal surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Intestine Surgery
- Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Problems
- Fatty liver disease
- Management of Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Biliary Stone Treatment and Luminal Therapeutic Endoscopy.