Dr. Dinesh Kini has more than 28 years of experience in the healthcare profession. He holds a degree in DM – Gastroenterology, MBBS, and MD – General Medicine. His specialization is in the liver and biliary diseases. Dr. Kini has been awarded a Gold Medal as the best outgoing MD (General Medicine). Dr. Kini was the first one to start the concept of the Multispecialty approach in Gastroenterology with Surgical Gastroenterology & Interventional Radiology and started the concept of “MILDD.” His various articles have been published in National & International journals, and he has been a valuable part of multiple international clinical trials.
In his medical career, he has offered his medical expertise in various medical institutions, including-
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (1994 – 1995)
- Senior Resident Gastroenterology, S.G.P.G.I, Lucknow (1995 – 1996).
- Assistant Professor of Medicine Department of Gastroenterology, K.M.C, Manipal (1996).
- DM (Gastroenterology) S.G.P.G.I, Lucknow (1997 – 2000)
- Senior Consultant Gastroenterologist / Hepatologist, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore (2001 – 2009)
- Head – Department of Gastroenterology, MILDD, Bangalore (2010 – 2012)
Dr. Dinesh Kini completed his MBBS from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. He did his MD (General Medicine) at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. He went on to get his DM in Gastroenterology from SGPGI Lucknow, UP (SGPGI).
Honors & Awards
- Gold Medal for Best Outgoing MD (Gen Med) Post Graduate.
- The first one to start the concept of the Multispecialty approach in Gastroenterology with Surgical Gastroenterology / Interventional Radiology.
- One of the first in the state to initiate
- RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation) for liver cancer.
- Therasphere (Y 99) for patients with liver cancer.
- Transjugular liver biopsy.
- TIPSS method for patients with end-stage liver disease.
- Retrievable metal stenting for benign bile duct problems.
- Fibroscan for patients with liver disease.
- Triple side-to-side biliary metal stent for bile duct and pancreatic cancer.
- Spyglass and Holmium Laser Lithotripsy for large bile duct stone.
- Invited Faculty to the Annual Conference of ISG / INASL/ APICON.
- Major role in initiating liver transplant program in Manipal Hospital, Bangalore.
- Started the concept of “Liver Clinic” as a National CME in Hepatology held once in 2 years in Bangalore.
Area of Expertise
Liver, Biliary Disease