Hugo™ Robotic-Assisted Surgery (RAS) system
What is the Hugo™ Robotic-Assisted Surgery (RAS) system?
The Hugo™ RAS system is designed to perform wide range of robotic-assisted and laparoscopic procedures. The HugoTM RAS system integrates wristed instruments, 3D visualisation, and a cloud-based surgical video capture and management solution. It empowers the surgeon to meet the unique needs of each patient by transforming the surgical approach. Thus, the Hugo™ RAS system brings the benefits of robot-assisted minimally invasive surgery to more patients around the world.
Why is Hugo™ Robotic-Assisted Surgery (RAS) system used?
Hugo™ RAS system offers modular and multi-quadrant platform to perform a range of soft-tissue procedures. It is flexible and highly performative in various surgical scenarios. With the addition of Hugo RAS system to Apollo’s Robotic Surgery system we will be able to give the benefits of minimally invasive robotic surgery to more patients.
What happens during the procedure?
After necessary pre-operative assessments are done, you will undergo robotic surgery using Hugo™ Robotic-Assisted Surgery (RAS) system. During the surgery, you will lie on the operative table and your surgeon will sit at an open console, a short distance from you. With the help of Hugo™ RAS system tiny and more-precise incisions will be made. Through these tiny holes equipments will be inserted to perform the procedure. Your surgeon will control the motion of the surgical instruments from his console. The open console of Hugo™ RAS displays a 3D high definition view of the surgical area that enables surgeon to visualize the procedure in greater detail. Once the procedure is completed, incision site will be closed.
What happens after the procedure?
Robot-assisted surgery results in reduced pain, minimal blood loss, reduced tissue trauma. All this ensures your quicker recovery and reduces your hospital stay. You can also quickly return to your normal activity with minor restrictions.
Apollo expertise in the procedure
World’s first LAR procedure for Rectal cancer using Hugo Robotic-Assisted Surgery System was successfully performed at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai. This GI surgery using the Hugo RAS system builds on the success of the first clinical use in the Asia-Pacific region to perform a Robotic Prostatectomy at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
Information on which Apollo Hospitals do it
Hugo™ Robotic-Assisted Surgery (RAS) System is available in Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai.
What are the components of Hugo™ Robotic-Assisted Surgery (RAS) System?
The Hugo RAS system includes:
- Hugo™ RAS Arm cart: The surgical arms can be deployed around the patient in numerous configurations. Modularity enables three and four arm configurations for robot assisted surgery or a one-arm configuration for standard laparoscopic procedures.
- Hugo™ RAS Surgeon console: The open console provides an immersive 3D HD vision without sacrificing situational awareness. The easy-grip controllers in it enables your surgeon to control instruments at a variety of scales.
- Hugo™ RAS Task Simulator: The Task Simulator turns the surgeon console into a 3D HD simulated environment, enabling surgeons to virtually practice for example camera control, needle driving and suturing etc.
- Hugo™ RAS Tower: It features KARL STORZ™ technologies that provides unique image enhancement modes to help identify critical structures. The Valleylab FT10 energy platform and Touch Surgery™ Enterprise offers video management and analytics platform compatibility.
How Hugo™ Robotic-Assisted Surgery (RAS) System is superior?
Hugo™ Robotic-Assisted Surgery (RAS) System is a new era robot due to its following features:
- Modularity: Hugo™ RAS is a modular system due to its multiple independent components that can be adapted to the specific needs of patients and can be upgraded with the development of technology. HugoTM RAS is equipped with four surgical arms mounted on a trolley, which provides great flexibility.
- Versatility: Hugo™ RAS tower is equipped with the KARL STORZ™ technology for image enhancement. The endoscope is of standard length that can be removed from the robotic system and used as a handheld device during laparoscopic surgery.
- Upgradability: Hugo™ RAS system can be upgraded in time with the development of technology.
- Openness: The design of the Hugo™ RAS Surgeon console has an open structure with foot pedals, so the surgeon can still interact with the patient or his team during the surgery.
UPDATED ON 15/11/2023