Best Kidney Transplant Hospitals in Navi Mumbai
Apollo Hospitals – Navi Mumbai, is one of the most advanced multi-speciality tertiary care hospital in the region of Mumbai and Navi Mumbai. The hospital offers comprehensive and integrated super-speciality services under one roof with highly experienced doctors of national and international repute supported by well-trained team of nurses, technicians and other support staff. The Hospital is accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International).
Apollo Hospitals has pioneered Clinical Excellence in India and it is one of the Group’s proudest legacies. The unit boasts of renowned consultants and the focus is on high-quality patient experience in all aspects. It thrives to deliver clinical outcomes comparable to the very best in the world.
It is a 500 bedded facility and has access to world-class technologies, 13 state-of-the-operation theatres, advanced laboratory and medical diagnostics and 120 ultra-modern I.C.U. beds including N.I.C.U. & P.I.C.U. manned round the clock by critical care specialists:
Apollo Hospitals Group has always been ahead of the curve in terms of technology. Apollo Hospitals, Navi Mumbai, has state-of-the-art technologies, enhanced patient care with greater precision, better patient experience and precise diagnosis. The best of the technologies available are:
- 128 slice CT Scan
- 3 Tesla MRI
- AlluraClarity – Cath lab with 3D OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography)
- Reduced radiation (X-ray) dose by an average of 50% with equivalent image quality for diagnosis in cardiac angiography
- Advanced Image Processing Technology
TrueBeam STx Stereotactic Radiosurgery System with Brainlab has helped pioneer new stereotactic treatment technologies in use for the treatment of cancer and other conditions. Radiosurgery treatments take advantage of recent advances in proven technologies, including:
- Imaging with cone – beam CT
- Motion management
- Precision beam delivery with RapidArc®
- Treatment planning through Eclipse™
- Automated patient-positioning technologies
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Image Modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)
- Robotic Spine Surgery
- da Vinci Robotic Surgery
The Centres of Nephrology and Urology have a sizeable and comprehensive renal transplant program, having performed both autologous and cadaveric transplants The Centres also perform minimally invasive surgery for renal donors thereby minimising post-operative recovery time and hospitalisation.
The stringent infection control practices, immunosuppressive protocols and proactive vigil for complications and their prompt management make the service a huge success. The Transplant unit also integrates, analyzes and addresses the health needs of the transplant patient and his or her family. The Apollo Hospitals group has performed more than 10, 000 kidney transplants till date.
STATE-OF-THE-ART PROCEDURES FOR KIDNEY TRANSPLANTATION INCLUDE:
- Cadaveric renal transplantation
- Cadaver-donor kidney transplantation
- Living donor kidney transplants (from both related and unrelated donors)
- Laparoscopic donor Nephrectomy
THE TEAM OF EXPERTS:
- Dr Amol K Patil – Consultant, Urology & Kidney Transplant Surgeon (Apollo Hospitals, Navi Mumbai)
- Dr Ravinda Nikalji– Consultant, Nephrology & Kidney Transplant Physician (Apollo Hospitals, Navi Mumbai)
- Dr Ashwathy Haridas, Consultant, Nephrology & Kidney Transplant Physician
DR. AMOLKUMAR PATIL
M.B.B.S., M.S. (General Surgery), D.N.B. (Urology), MNAMS
Dr. Amolkumar Patil, M.B.B.S., M.S. (General Surgery), D.N.B. (Urology), MNAMS, is a Consultant Urologist & Transplant Surgeon at Apollo Hospitals, Navi Mumbai. He comes with more than 10 years of experience in the ﬁeld of Urology and Renal Transplant.
His area of special interest lies in Transplant Surgery, Uro-Oncology, Endourology, Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery. He has been a part of renal transplant team for more than 470 renal transplants and more than 25 cadaver organ harvesting, out of which he has done 120 Renal transplant surgeries as Primary surgeon.
Dr. Amolkumar Patil has also performed major surgeries in Reconstructive Urological procedures, (like Augmentations, Urethroplasties, Hypospadias correction) Uro-Oncology procedures (like Radical Nephrectomy, Cystectomy Penectomy, Adrenalectomy), Endourological procedures, (like TURP,TURBT, URS,PCNL,RIRS,VIU) with a special interest in Holmium Laser Enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP) male infertility and female Urology.
Dr. Amolkumar Patil has won BBraun Medical Trust – Scholar in general surgery and quiz completion of ASICON conference (Maharashtra chapter). He also holds various Memberships & Certiﬁcations like,
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- Life member of Urological Society of India (USI)
- Association of Surgeons of India(ASI)
- Member of south zone Urological Society (SZUS)
Dr. Amolkumar Patil brings with him a rich experience in Urology & Renal transplant to Apollo Hospitals, Navi Mumbai.
DR. RAVINDRA NIKALJI
MD (Medicine), DM (Nephrology)
Dr. Ravindra Nikalji, MD (Medicine), DM (Nephrology), is a Consultant, Nephrologist at Apollo Hospitals, Navi Mumbai. He has done Advanced Fellowship in Kidney Disease & Transplantation from University Of Toronto, Canada and is a certiﬁed Clinical specialist in hypertension from American Society of Hypertension. Dr. Nikalji comes with more than 10 years of experience. His areas of special interest lie in
- Kidney Diseases
- Kidney Transplant
- Hypertension Management
Dr. Nikalji holds Awards & Accolades, namely:
- Distinctions in biochemistry, pharmacology, pathology and forensic medicine
- 2nd rank in DM nephrology qualifying exam
- Fellowship in nephrology and hypertension and kidney transplant from University of Toronto
He has various research & publications to his credit and has been associated with the following professional societies:
- Member of Indian Society of Nephrology
- Member of International Society of Nephrology
- Member of American Society of Nephrology
PATIENT SUCCESS STORIES
Mr Nweze C. Obinna, 38 year old from Nigeria, was diagnosed with end stage kidney failure, gets a new lease of life. His mother, donated a kidney to save her ailing son. Post kidney transplantation, he was discharged in 6 days and was back on his feet. The transplant was successfully performed by Dr. Amol K Patil, Urologist and Transplant Surgeon and Dr. Amit Langote, Nephrologist at Apollo Hospitals, Navi Mumbai.
Mr Nweze C. Obinna