Dr Vijay Agarwal has over 18 years of experience in the field of medical oncology. He has trained in the best of the centers in the UK and holds a PhD for conducting original research in the field of cancer. He specializes in molecular diagnostics, delivering chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapy in all types of cancers. His current special interest is in delivering Immunotherapy in solid cancers.
- Lead and Senior Consultant ~ Medical Oncology, Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore
- Lead and Senior Consultant ~ Medical Oncology, Aster Hospitals, Bangalore
- Senior Consultant – Medical Oncology, HCG Hospitals, Bangalore
- Consultant – Medical Oncology, University hospitals Birmingham, UK
Clinical Lecturer – Hull York Medical School, UK
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT] – Medical Oncology, UK
- PhD – Medical Sciences, University of York, UK
- MRCP – Royal College of physicians, UK
- MD – Medicine, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
- Post Graduate Diploma in Research Training – Hull York Medicat School, UK
- MBBS – Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum, India
Honors & Awards
- Over 30 publication in International journals
- Presentations in international forums and conferences
- Original research – The significance of the EGFR pathway in Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma. Accepted by Hull York Medical School, UK for the award of PHD.
- Under his leadership, The Tumour of Young Adolescents Unit at Queen Elizabeth Hospital received the prestigious Kate Granger NHS Award for Compassionate care, 2014.
Area of Expertise
- Management of all types of cancers such as Breast, Lung, Gastro intestinal,
Gynaecological, Head and Neck, Urological, Liver and Bone cancers
- Delivery of Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, Targeted therapy & Hormonal therapy
- Molecular diagnostics and therapeutics