Dr. Suryanarayana Sharma P. M. is a top Neurosurgeon in Bangalore, currently working with Apollo Hospital. He is well renowned for treating a variety of complicated problems and conducting transcranial Doppler ultrasonography for stroke screenings. He holds a fellowship in stroke from the esteemed National University of Singapore and is well-known for his in-depth research, with numerous published research articles and case studies in Neurology.
Additionally, he is a distinguished member of renowned medical organisations such as the Society of Neurosonology and the Indian Academy of Neurology. Throughout his long and illustrious career, Dr. Suryanarayana Sharma has earned several honours, including the second-place state DM in Neurology at the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (Karnataka) and three prizes for the best conference paper presentation at the national level.
Dr. Suryanarayana Sharma specialises in a wide range of areas, including Deep Brain Stimulation, Rehabilitation Post-Stroke, Transcranial Doppler ultrasound imaging for stroke screenings, Carotid Stenting, Alzheimer’s Treatment, Epilepsy Botulinum Toxin Treatment, Parkinson’s Disease, Movement Disorders, Muscle and Nerve Disorders, Paralysis, Headaches/Migraine, Seizures, and Involuntary Movement Of The Eye.
- Consultant Neurologist and Stroke Specialist – BGS Global Hospital, Bangalore – 20/07/2015 to 07/08/2019
- DM Resident in Neurology – M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore – 6th September 2012 to 18th July 2015
- Assistant Professor of Medicine – M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore – February 16th, 2012, to 5th September 2012
- Consultant Physician – BGS Global Hospitals, Bangalore – 1st July 2010 to 15th February 2012
- Registrar in Medicine – BGS Global Hospitals, Bangalore – 21st July 2008 to 30th June 2010
- MBBS – JSS Medical College, Mysore, Karnataka – July 2003
- D. Internal Medicine – M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore – May 2008
- M., Speciality qualification, Neurology – M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore – July 2015
- Fellowship in Stroke and Neurosonology – National University Hospital, Singapore – June 2017
- Fellow in Infectious Diseases – P. D. Hinduja Hospitals, Mumbai – October 2011
- WHO certified fellow in Diabetes by M. Viswanathan Diabetes Centre, Chennai.
Honors & Awards
- Second rank in RGUHS university examinations in DM Neurology – July 2015.
- Best poster award in Neurosonocon 2016 held in Ahmedabad – May 7th & 8th, 2016.
- Best paper award in the neuromuscular and inflammatory diseases section at the 22nd Annual Conference of the Indian Academy of Neurology at PGIMER, Chandigarh – November 2014.
- Third place in the South zone quiz organised by TYSA, Torrent Young Scholar Award at Bangalore – September 2014.
- Highest marks in physiology & community medicine at J.S.S. Medical College.
- First prize in the Diabetes Quiz in a State-level medicine C.M.E at M. S. Ramaiah hospital – August 2006.
- Best paper award for the Nephrology paper presentation on “Acid Clue” at APICON-2012 in Kolkata.