Dr. Sharath Kumar G G is a Senior Consultant and Interventional Neuro-Radiologist who has performed over 5000 endovascular neurosurgery procedures. He has extensive clinical knowledge and skills with 18 years of experience in the interdisciplinary branch of Radiology and 12 years in the subspecialty of Neuro-Radiology. With his contributions to Radiology and Neuro-Radiology by authoring and reviewing publications and national and international speeches, and having received several accolades, Dr. Sharath Kumar G G is a renowned name in the field of interventional radiology.
With over 15 years of experience, Dr. Sharath Kumar has exceptional knowledge and competencies in the areas of Neuroimaging and Neurointervention. He is an expert in performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for various neurological disorders, including brain aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, stroke, and other vascular abnormalities.
- Dr. Sharath Kumar G G completed his degree in MBBS from a reputed medical institution.
- Following his MBBS, he pursued his MD specializing in Radiology.
- Dr. Sharath Kumar G G received his specialization in Neuro-Radiology in 2011 from the well-reputed NIMHANS institution. He was awarded the Golden Jubilee award as the Best Outgoing Student in Neuro-Radiology by the Vice President.
Honors & Awards
- He started Department of Neurointervention & Neuroimaging in Apollo Group of Hospitals, Karnataka Region
- First person to perform more than 50 Embolization procedures for chronic subdural hematomas successfully
- Have Diagnosed & treated more cases of Spinal CSF leaks than anyone in the country
- First to perform Trans radial Flow diverter placement for anterior circulation aneurysm
- First to perform bilateral simultaneous mechanical thrombectomy in Post-TAVI stroke as well as in post cardiac transplant patient
Area of Expertise
- Acute stroke interventions, Carotid stenting, intracranial angioplasty and stenting, Aneurysm coiling, AVM embolisation, DAVF embolisation, Treatment of intracranial hypotension, Middle meningeal artery embolisation for recurrent chronic subdural haematomas, Cerebral venous sinus thrombectomy and stenting, preoperative embolisation of vascular malformations and Head and neck tumours and spinal vascular malformations.
- Interpretation of advanced MRI imaging techniques like MR spectroscopy, perfusion studies, diffusion tensor imaging, tractography, and arterial spin labeling. DR. Sharath Kumar G G has acquired great expertise in diagnosing complex neurovascular malformations, neuro infections and neuroinflammatory disorders.
- Acute stroke intervention
- Diagnosis & management of Dural arteriovenous malformations & aneurysms
- Diagnosis & management of CSF hydrodynamic disorders
- Advanced imaging in neuroradiology