Dr Sandeep Satsangi is a highly qualified and experienced Senior Consultant Hepatologist & Liver Transplant Physician at Apollo Comprehensive Liver Care, HPB Surgery and Multiorgan Transplantation, Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore. With his vast experience and expertise, he is highly regarded in his field. Dr. Satsangi is known for his empathetic and patient-centric approach, and his commitment to providing exceptional care. He goes above and beyond to ensure that his patients receive the best possible treatment and support.
Dr Satsangi was an exceptional student throughout the course of his education. He holds a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) degree from Hyderabad wherein he secured distinctions in various subjects like Pharmacology, Microbiology, Social & Preventive Medicine, Pediatrics. Later, he pursued and completed a postgraduate degree in Internal Medicine (M.D) from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Karnataka. Dr Satsangi was awarded the best outgoing student and University Topper. Dr Sandeep subsequently specialised in field of Hepatology and liver transplantation with a D.M degree from the distinguished institute of PGIMER, Chandigarh. Dr Satsangi also topped the exit exam of D.M Hepatology held at PGI Chandigarh.
Honors & Awards
During his educational journey, he received various accolades and recognitions.
- MD: Best outgoing student 2011 batch, scored first rank in the Cardiology-Respiratory Medicine exam, and secured first prize in the M.D intercollegiate quiz competition (2013) held at Cochin, India.
- DM: Topped the exam held at the distinguished institute of PGI, Chandigarh in 2016.
- He also received the FIRST prize in the plenary session for the best paper award for an oral presentation on “Monocyte HLA-DR expression, neutrophil oxidative burst capacity and cytokine analysis in patients with decompensated cirrhosis with and without acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF)” in Delhi.
- Served as the Assistant Editor of the prestigious Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology from July 2016 to July 2017 which is an International Peer reviewed journal of Hepatology
- Actively assisted Prof. R.K Dhiman and his team in the process of devising the scientific program and abstract evaluation for INASL 2016 & ISHEN 2017.
- Was actively involved in training the community level physicians in the state of Punjab, India in the field of Hepatology under the guidance of Prof. R.K Dhiman via. the program ‘ECHO’ which involves telemedicine services.
Area of Expertise
In his decade-long medical career, Dr Satsangi has offered his medical expertise to various medical institutions.
- Consultant Hepatologist & Liver Transplant Physician- Global Integrated Liver Care, BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bangalore.
- Senior Resident- Department of Hepatology & Liver Transplantation- P.G.I Chandigarh.
- Resident- Department of Internal Medicine- KMC Mangalore.
- Complex Hepatobiliary conditions
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Alcoholic liver diseases
- Cirrhosis of liver
- Acute liver failure
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Transplantation