Dr. Sachin G.R. is a notable Consultant Neurosurgeon with extensive experience and training in the discipline of Neurosurgery. He has garnered over 10 years of experience, along with international exposure as an Observer in Paediatric Neurosurgery at Sickkids in Toronto, Canada. During his years of education, he attended some of the most premier medical institutions in India. He has also co-authored and contributed to numerous publications of national and international stature.
Dr. Sachin G.R. was actively involved in a research study on the relationship between homocysteine (HCY) levels and Methyl tetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) in subarachnoid haemorrhage patients during his years of residency.
Presently, he is associated with Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore, Karnataka, as a Consultant Neurosurgeon.
Dr. Sachin G.R. has been associated with some of the most prestigious medical institutions in India and abroad, gaining essential clinical experience in the discipline of Neurosurgery.
- He served as a Senior Resident at PGIMER, Chandigarh, from 2015 to 2017.
- Simultaneously, he worked as a Consultant Neurosurgeon at Fortis, Mohali, between 2015 and 2016.
- Subsequently, from October to November 2017, Dr. Sachin G.R. attended Osaka City University, Japan, as a Clinical Fellow.
- In addition to his domestic and international experiences, he also had the opportunity to be an Observer in Paediatric Neurosurgery at Sickkids in Toronto, Canada, in October 2019.
- Further ahead in his career, he was associated with Fortis Hospital, Bangalore, as a Consultant Neurosurgeon from January 2017 to July 2023.
Dr. Sachin G.R. has pursued his education in some of the most widely reputed medical institutions in India and has had a stellar academic record throughout his years of medical education.
- He completed his graduation in 2006 from Vijayanagara Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary, under Rajiv Gandhi University, where he was awarded 3 gold medals for his outstanding performance.
- Sachin G.R. pursued M.S. in General Surgery in 2011 from Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli, under Rajiv Gandhi University.
- Further ahead in his medical education, he completed his post-graduation in MCh in Neurosurgery from the renowned PGIMER institution in Chandigarh in 2015.
Honors & Awards
During his many years of experience in the field of Neurosurgery, Dr. Sachin G.R. has been a revered member of numerous conferences over the years, where he has presented papers and actively participated in workshops.
- In 2013, he attended the National Skull Base Conference.
- In 2014 and 2016, he attended NEUROVASCON and presented a paper.
- In 2016, he also attended the ICIS Endovascular Conference and Workshop.
- In 2015, he participated in the Cadaveric Spine Workshop at PGIMER and AIIMS, and achieved active participation and recognition in the Paediatric BLS course.
- He attended the North West Zone Neurosurgeons Association Conference in 2015.
- He has also attended the Gulati Oration in 2013, 2014, and 2015. Gaining international exposure, he attended the International Conference in Nagoya, Japan.
- In 2022, he attended and presented at SKULLBASECON’22.
- He has also attended and participated in NEUROENDOCON’23.
- Additionally, he served as a Faculty member at Neuroendocon’23 at PGIMER and KSICON’23, where he made a presentation.