Dr Rohit Madhurkar is a Consultant Head and Interventional Radiologist in Bengaluru. He has conducted over 8000 surgeries and has more than 12 years of expertise in the medical field. He is a key team member of The Indian Society of Vascular Interventional Radiology, Karnataka section and has received many awards at international conferences. He holds several publications and is a well-known lecturer on intervention radiology forums both nationally and internationally. He is also the Founder & Director of PinHole™ endoVascular Interventional Radiology – Unit of Minimally Invasive Clinics (MIC), Bengaluru.
He has conducted over 8000 surgeries and has more than 12 years of expertise in the medical field.
Dr Rohit Madhurkar completed his MBBS from SDM Medical College, Dharwad, in August 2009. In 2011, he pursued his MD in Radiodiagnosis at Yenepoya University in Mangalore and completed it in May 2014. Thereafter, he completed his fellowship in Interventional Radiology from HCG Hospital, Bangalore, in July 2015, with furthermore, SMC Image-Guided Tumour Ablation Training (SITAT) from Samsung Medical Center, South Korea.
Throughout his medical career, he has provided his medical expertise to several healthcare facilities, including:
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore. – Post-Graduate Rotational Posting (one month) in Neuroradiology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore – May ’11 – May ’14
- On-call, Agadi Hospital, Wilson Garden, Bengaluru – June ’14 – Feb ’19
- HealthCareGlobal(HCG) Hospital, Bengaluru – Fellow Rotational Posting (one month) in Endovascular Peripheral Interventions, Jain Institute of Vascular Sciences (JIVAS), Bangalore – Sep. ’14 – Aug. ’15
- Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore – Senior Registrar Interventional Radiologist – Nov. ’15 – Mar. ’17
- BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bengaluru – Head of the Department, Interventional Radiology & Interventional Oncology. – Apr. ’17 – Oct. ‘22
- PinHole™ endoVascular Interventional Radiology – Unit of Minimally Invasive Clinics (MIC), Bengaluru, Founder Director – March 22 – Present
Honors & Awards
- Awarded Best International Paper – for using selective intra-arterial radiotherapy (SIRT) to treat liver cancer – at the CANCER CONGRESS in Dubai.
- Training head for Interventional Radiology fellowship programme.
- Winner of the team award for the oral paper presentation, “Microwave Ablation in HCC: Single Center Experience,” CIRCON 2018, Bangalore
- Young Radiologist of the Year (National) in ETHealthWorld India Diagnostics Awards 2020 (Times Group).
Area of Expertise
- Onco-intervention like Hepatobiliary tumours (TACE, TARE & Ablation)
- Interventional management of Portal hypertension like TIPS, DIPS & BRTO
- Prostate Artery Embolisation for BPH
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization & advanced Glue/Laser treatment for varicose veins.