With over 16 years of experience, Dr Naveen M Nayak practises at Dr Priya’s Skin and Hair Clinic in Marathahalli and Apollo Hospitals in Bangalore. He is board-certified and one of the most noted doctors because of his specialisation in treating renal conditions. He is also involved in diagnosing and treating various renal diseases such as glomerulonephritis, renovascular disease, chronic kidney diseases, acute kidney injury, and urinary tract infections.
Dr Naveen M. Nayak completed his MBBS from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum 2001. After completing his MBBS, he interned at District Hospital, KLE’s Hospital, and MRC in Belgaum for 1 year. Then, he completed his MD in Internal Medicine from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum, in 2006. He then completed his DNB in Nephrology from Apollo Hospitals (National Board of Examinations, New Delhi) 2012.
Apart from working at Apollo Hospitals, his work experience includes the following –
- Consultant at S.S. Institute of Medical Science (2007-2009)
- Senior Registrar at Apollo Hospitals (2009-2012)
- Consultant at Davita Nephrolife (2012-2013)
- Consultant at Yashomati Hospitals (2013-2014)
- Consultant Nephrologist at Cresta Specialty Clinics (2014 till today)
Honors & Awards
Dr Naveen M. Nayak is registered under Karnataka Medical Council. He has received Board Certification from the Medical Council of India and the National Boards of Examination, New Delhi. He is a proud member of –
- Indian Society of Nephrology
- International Society of Nephrology
- National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Indian Medical Association
Dr Naveen M. Nayak has several publications like –
- CME – Thrombotic Microangiopathies – Significance in Transplantation on 24th June 2012.
- A CME session for physicians and diabetologists under the IMA Egmore chapter was conducted independently on 14th October 2012.
- Prevention of CKD and Strategies to Slow CKD Progression – Do We Know the Right Path? CME session for physicians on 11th November 2016.
- Clinical Utility of Urine Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin measured at admission to predict outcomes in a heterogeneous population of critically ill patients; NM Nayak et al. Indian J Nephrol, March-April, 2016.
- Spontaneous Anterior Mediastinal Hematoma in Patients, Naveen M. Nayak, et al., IJACR.
Area of Expertise
Dr Nayak holds immense specialisation in the following areas with years of experience.
- Hypertension treatment
- Diabetes Renal failure
- Kidney disease
- Urinary Tract Obstruction
- Acute Renal failure
- Electrolyte disorder
- BP with Kidney disease
- Kidney Stone
- Chronic Kidney disease
- Renal Malignancy