Dr. B Ravi Mohan Rao is a Neurosurgeon in Seshadripuram, Bangalore and has an experience of 25 years in this field. Dr. B. Ravi Mohan Rao practices at Apollo Hospitals in Seshadripuram, Bangalore. He completed MCh – Neuro Surgery from NIMHANS in 1994,MBBS from Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore in 1986 and MS-General Surgery from JNMC, Belgaum in 1991.
He is a member of Neurological Society of India, Cerebro Vascular Surgery Society of India, Skull Base Surgery Soceity of India (SBSSI),Indian Society of functional and Stereotactic Surgery and Congress of Neurological Surgeons, USA. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Intracranial Bypass Surgery, Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA),Cerebral Aneurysms Surgery, Movement disorder Surgery and Intramedullary Tumour Surgery etc.
- 25 Years Experience Overall (25 years as specialist)
- 1998 – 2011 Professor Neuro Surgery at Sri Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology
- 2010 – 2014 Consultant- Neuro Surgeon at Vikram Hospital
- 2014 – 2016 Consultant- Neuro Surgeon at Sagar Hospital
- 2016 – Present Consultant- Neuro Surgeon at Apollo Hospital, Seshadripuram
- 1996 – 1998 Assistant Professor- Neuro Surgery at SVIMS
- MCh – Neuro Surgery – NIMHANS, 1994
- MBBS – Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore, 1986
Honors & Awards
- Visiting Faculty to Microsurgery skills laboratory at AIIMS ,New Delhi & have been involved in designing the curriculum for training young qualified Neurosurgeons to hone their skills .The most recent was held from November 29th to December 1st 2013 ,which was attended by neurosurgeons from all over India & from Russia .
- Visiting Faculty to Institutes in Tamil Nadu where I have been instrumental in establishing Epilepsy Surgery .I have performed more than 100 epilepsy surgeries and was given an award of excellence by the Governor of Tamil Nadu recently .
- Invited National Faculty to various neurosurgical subspecialty societies like skull Base surgery society of India ,Cerebrovascular Surgery Society of India ,Neurological Society of India ,and Neurosurgical Society of India & have given Invited talks and been Involved in Conducting workshops organized by these societies .The Most recent conference was organized by Skull Base Surgery of India and was held at PGI ,Chandigarh in 2013 & at JIPMER PONDICHERRY in 2014
Area of Expertise
- Intracranial Bypass Surgery
- Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA)
- Cerebral Aneurysms Surgery
- Movement disorder Surgery
- Intramedullary Tumour Surgery
- Cerebrovascular Surgery
- Epilepsy surgery
- Cerebral AVM Surgery
- Endoscopic Pituitary Surgery
- Endoscopic cranial surgery
- Skull Base Surgery
- stereotactic brain surgery
- Endoscopic Repair Of CSF Rhinorrhea
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Pediatric Neurosurgery