The blood and bone marrow transplantation center at Apollo Hospitals, India has performed over 700 transplants with an excellent success rate. Apollo Hospitals, India is also a trusted name in BMT for international patients, as the hospital has not just a highly qualified BMT team, but also very stringent infection control norms which are critical for BMT patients. BMT treatment is available at Apollo Hospitals at Chennai, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Kolkata.
- Autologous Transplant (Stem Cells collected from one's own body)
- Hodgkin's & Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma: For relapsed / refractory cases, it is standard therapy and in most such cases, it is the only curative option.
- Myeloma: Although not curative, it is standard treatment as a part of initial therapy, as it prolongs survival substantially.
- Leukemia: Acute Myeloid Leukemia as part of consolidation therapy, to increase chance of cure in this disease.
- Allogenic Transplant (Stem Cells collected from some one else's body)
- Several other genetic disorders, especially with single gene defects
- Aplastic Anemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- High Risk AML & Relapsed AML
- Relapsed ALL (Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia)
- As an option in several advanced or refractory haematological malignancies eg. follicular lymphoma, CLL, myeloma etc