Apollo Hospitals is committed to Patient Safety and has launched the Patient Safety Declaration which is followed by all Apollo Hospitals.
- Every hospital shall have a person designated for patient safety.
- Every hospital shall have a Patient Safety Committee with representatives from medical services, nursing, engineering, housekeeping, pharmacy and infection control that shall meet every quarter.
- Every hospital shall train all its employees on patient safety issues.
- Every hospital shall educate its patients on patient safety issues.
- Every hospital shall have a policy and implemented system on reporting of adverse events within the organization.
- Every hospital shall collect rates for the following patient safety indices:
- Hospital acquired infections
- Patient fall
- Pressure ulcer
- Needle stick injuries
- Medication errors
- All hospitals shall join hands to form a National Patient Safety Network for sharing of the best practices in patient safety. Every hospital shall endeavour to prevent the "Never Events" listed by the National Quality Forum.