Robotic Surgery in Chennai
The Apollo Institute of Robotic Surgery is dedicated to helping patients undergo an exceptional experience.
Through the use of the Robotic system, surgeons are now able to offer a minimally invasive option for complex surgical procedures.
The Da Vinci Robotic Surgical System
Our operating rooms are state-of-the-art and contain the most advanced platform for minimally invasive surgery available today which is the da Vinci® surgical system. The four armed surgical robotic system is a stunning innovation in surgery . We offer Robotic surgery in the specialties of Urology, Gynecology, Coronary Artery Disease, Gastroenterology, Bariatrics and Pediatrics.
- Prostate, Bladder & Kidney Cancer
- Congenital Defects
- Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction
- Vesico-Ureteric Reflux Disease
- Multiple Fibroids
- Uterine and Vaginal Prolapse
- Vesico-Vaginal Fistula
- Uterine and Cervical Cancer
- Ovarian Cyst
- Atrial Septal Defects
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Mitral and Aortic Valve Disease
Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Liver Disease
- Obesity & Metabolic Disorders
- Esophageal disorders
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
- Faster Recovery
- Reduced risk of Wound Infection
- Less visible Scars
- Resolution of Co Morbidities
- Less damage to Healthy Tissue
- Faster recovery of Sexual Function
- Reduced hospital stay
- Minimal blood loss During Surgery
- Long Term Weight Loss
- Better Cancer Control
- Faster return to Continence
ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot
ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot enhances safety and improve accuracy for patients and surgeons in our operating room. The revolutionary robotic navigation platform provides unique real-time information throughout spine surgery.
- Multifunctional Robotics and Navigation: ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot is designed to enhance the accuracy and optimise patient care by using both robotics and navigation.
- Imaging Versatility: ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot is a comprehensive robotic navigation platform which is compatible with any imaging system for spine surgery. With the cutting-edge robotic navigation system, the surgeon can visualize, plan and navigate patient anatomy in real-time.
- Unique Real-Time Information: ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot is designed to continually evolve and improve patient care. During the procedure, the surgeon can verify operative planning and receive real-time navigation feedback which further provides more precise successful pedicle screw placement.
- Screw placement accuracy
- Smaller scar
- Less loss of blood
- Reduced radiation exposure
- Less tissue damage
- Faster recovery
Key Spinal procedures which can be exclusively done on ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot:
- Transformational Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Spinal Tumour Excision and Stabilization
- C1, C2 Fusion Procedures
- Post Scoliosis Correction
- High Grade Spondylolisthesis
- Adult Spinal Deformity Correction with Pelvic Fixation
- Cervical Decompression with Stabilization
Superiority of ExcelsiusGPS® Spine Surgery Robot Over Open or Minimally Invasive Approach.
- Improved Accuracy
- Minimal Bleeding per Operatively
- Minimal Postoperative pain
- Early Mobilization
- Minimally Invasive
- Reduced Postoperative Complications
- Reduced Hospital Stay
- Reduced postoperative infections
CorPath© GRX Vascular Robotic System
The CorPath© GRX Vascular Robotic System is the latest second generation robotic system designed to provide robotic-assisted Interventional procedures with the high level of accuracy.
- Active Guide Management: To make micro movements of guide catheter during the procedure.
- Enhanced clinical visualisation: Allows your doctor to visualize all the clinical details required during the procedure.
- Extended reach arm: Designed for easy positioning for radial and femoral access.
- Bed side touch screen: Workflow is simplified due to bedside unit with bedside Touchscreen.
- Close proximity, ergonomic visualization
- Robotic precision for stent placement with 1mm movement.
- Optimise stent selection with accurate sub-millimeter anatomy measurement.
- Reduces radiation exposure.
- Faster recovery
The latest CorPath© GRX Vascular Robotic System is used for percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) and peripheral vascular intervention (PVI) procedures in which precise device and stent position are the top priorities for better outcomes. CorPath© GRX enables robotic control of the guide catheter, guidewire and balloon or stent catheter, with 1 mm advancement and the entire procedure is controlled by your doctor from the Control Console (cockpit console).
Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology
Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology is an innovative tool used by Orthopaedic Surgeons to perform knee replacement surgeries for patients suffering from severe arthritis or knee damage. Mako System software uses the CT scan report of the patient to create a 3D model of knee which guides the surgeon during procedure. The robotic-arm is controlled by the Orthopaedic Surgeon to perform the procedure .
- CT based system: The Mako system creates a 3D model of patient’s unique anatomy. It delivers accurate patient specific information from planning to bone registration to bone preparation.
- Robotic arm as ‘intelligent’ tool holder: The Mako system has a robotic arm which attaches to the (bone resection) tools and ensures precision in cuts through the use of a haptic boundary.
- Functional Implant Positioning: Assists in evaluation and accurate alignment of the new knee.
- Minimally invasive.
- Protects surrounding soft tissues.
- Increases surgical precision.
- Decreases hospital stay.
- Reduces post-operative pain.
- Improves surgical outcome and quality of life.
Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology is designed to aid Orthopaedic surgeons in knee replacement surgery for patients:
- Suffering from severe knee pain due to arthritis.
- Suffering from knee damage.
- Experienced no relief with conservative treatment options.