By the beginning of 2018, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai will be commissioning South East Asia's first Proton Beam Therapy Centre and India will then be one amongst the few nations in the world offering this advanced cancer care treatment.
The Proton Treatment Centre is a prestigious project for Apollo Hospitals with the following facilities:
- Two gantry treatment rooms
- One fixed beam treatment room
- All rooms with latest IMPT Technology
- Dedicated pencil beam scanning modes in all three rooms
- 3 D Cone beam CT in two gantries for Online IGRT verification
- Additionally, there will be 2 rooms for High end Photon Treatments for comprehensive cancer care including single and multiple fraction SRS/ SBRT / Rapid arc Treatments