Strawberry, the luscious first fruit of spring is generally appreciated for its pleasing aroma and delectable flavour. Its value though is in its reputation as the “angel” among berries.
- Makes the skin lighter and smoother.
- Adds shine and conditions the hair.
- Helps clear up acne, flaky skin and excess oil.
- Whitens the teeth.
- Reduces under eye puffiness.
- Helps fetch fresh breath.
- Helps prevent night sweats.
- Cools the liver, spleen and a hot choleric stomach.
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Builds immunity and prevents scurvy.
- Makes blood vessels supple.
- Has major antioxidant, anticancer and anti-ageing benefits.
Strawberry for skin and beauty
- Teeth Whitening: Rub fresh strawberry pulp directly on the teeth to clean naturally. When mixed with half teaspoon of baking soda, it is very effective in treating stained teeth.
- Acne relief: If acne is a common problem, this remedy is just what you need! Mash five strawberries and add one teaspoon of honey. Apply this mixture on your face for 10 to 12 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly.
- Cure for diarrhoea and urinary tract infections: Use strawberry leaves as an astringent. Boil some freshly washed or dried leaves in a pint of water. Drink this infusion to treat diarrhoea or urinary tract infections.
- Fragrance and taste: Strawberries can be found in many commercial products. Strawberry extracts are often used to make either fruity or floral fragrances. Natural lipstick balm contains the aromatic fruity scent of strawberries. High-end cosmetic manufacturers often use the strawberry pulp or the oil extracted from its seeds in various skin and hair products. Its pleasing fragrance, taste and the benefits of its natural ingredients make this berry popular with manufacturers and consumers alike.
Endowed with some amazing medicinal and healing properties, strawberry found much favour among ancient cultures too. Besides being pleasing on the palate, its high nutritional value makes it the ultimate of ingredients in both medicinal and cosmetic use.