New Year is a good time to make resolutions and re-evaluate your priorities. Hence, embark on your weight loss journey now. First, take a close look at your current situation and set realistic goals. Here are a few tips to help you get started, and also to keep you going.
- If you can brush every day, you can also hold a plank for a minute. You can start with holding a plank for 30 sec, and can gradually increase the time to a minute.
- Three gym classes in a week for 2 months is a realistic target you can set for yourself.
- 10 pull ups, touching your toes and stretching are the little goals you can set. And, then slowly, build your fitness routine.
- Chronicling your little fitness achievements can keep you motivated. If you have managed five extra sit-ups today, don’t forget to mark it on your diary.
- Drink a glass of water before brushing your teeth. Whenever you are tempted to drink soda, gulp down a glass of water. Lots of water is all you need to flush out the toxins.
- Mindless eating does more harm than you would have ever guessed. So, don’t indulge in mindless nibbling. Drink a cup of green tea instead.
- Eat fish at least once a week, and include veggies of all colours in your diet.
Other Healthy Goals
- Find a buddy while training at the gym to indulge in friendly competition.
- Get enough rest at night. Sleep for 7-8 hours in a day to prepare your body for next day’s work.
- Sitting for long hours is injurious to health. Get moving for at least 30 minutes in a day.
- Take preventive health checks regularly to stay ahead of illness.