A perfect recipe rich with health benefits and interesting enough to meet the demands of kids and adolescents.
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 medium white onions, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• ½ teaspoon ground cumin
• ¼ teaspoon garam masala
• 250 gm tomatoes, chopped
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• Pinch of brown sugar
• 500 gm spinach leaves, blanched and drained
• 500 gm cottage cheese, sliced
• 1 cup bread crumbs
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Bread Crumb Topping: Toss together bread crumbs, salt and pepper; sprinkle 1 tablespoon oil and toss to evenly coat. Set aside.
2. In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add onions and garlic and fry, stirring, until onions are softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Stir in garam masala, cumin, salt and pepper; fry for 1 minute.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in tomatoes and ½ cup water; simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Stir in lemon juice and sugar; remove from heat.
6. Brush a baking dish with oil. Coarsely chop spinach; lay evenly on bottom of dish.
7. Lay cottage cheese slices on spinach; top with tomato sauce, then Bread Crumb Topping.
8. Bake in the centre of 400°F/200°C oven until bread crumbs are browned and sauce is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
Enjoy the Healthy Delight!