Winter is coming. Doesn’t the statement send a chill down your spine…er…skin? Come winter and your body becomes reclusive. Blankets suddenly become an eminent part of your life. If only it was possible to cuddle into them forever! It isn’t just the harsh cold that makes you blue but also the severe effect it has on your skin.
The lack of humidity complementing the cold weather robs the moisture off your skin, leaving it dry and lifeless. Any attempt to save yourself from the cold, such as taking hot showers only worsens the condition of your skin. At times like these, it is advisable to follow certain tips to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
- Water always does the magic: Winter hijacks you of your urge to drink water. It is here that you have to trounce the winter by keeping yourself hydrated. Avoid those 4-5 cups of coffee every day and replace them with refreshing drinks such as lemonade to keep yourself hydrated and your skin moisturised.
- Never too cold for sunscreen: Whether it is winter or summer, the sun can always be damaging. It is advisable that you remember to take your sunscreen with you before leaving your home. Wear lip balm with SPF to protect your lips from going dry.
- Avoid hot showers: Yes, they might be tempting but they also strip your skin of moisture. Use lukewarm water, especially while washing your face. Enjoy the refreshing bath.
- Keep those dead cells away: The presence of dead cells on skin prevents moisture from entering your pores. Use exfoliating masks to keep those dead cells away. Apply moisturiser to keep the skin of your hands smooth.
- Watch your food: It is important to watch your diet during winters. Take food items rich in Vitamins A, C and E. Minerals like Selenium and Zinc also enhance the quality of skin and help you stay healthy.
These little steps will not only help you battle dry skin but can also give you the much-needed freedom from winter blues. So go out and enjoy the winter sun. Don’t forget the suncreen!