- ● Productivity: A nap of 10-20 minutes enhances your creativity, verbal memory, perceptual learning and reaction time. It also lowers your mistake frequency and prevents burnout.
- ● Creative problem-solving ability
- ● Verbal memory
- ● Object learning
- ● Perceptual learning
- ● Statistical learning
- ● Stiffness
- ● Muscle spasms
- ● Decreased motion
- ● Shifted posture
- ● Numbness in groin
- ● Muscle weakness and much more
- ● Infection in spine
- ● Spinal fracture due to injury
- ● Spinal stenosis
- ● Tumor in spine
- ● Loss of control of bladder/bowel
- ● Weakness or loss of feeling in back or legs, which may get worse over the time
- ● Spinal fusion
- ● Discectomy
- ● Surgery for tumour and infection
- ● Laminectomy for spinal stenosis
- ● Kyphoplasty
- ● Vertebroplasty
- ● Percutaneous discectomy
Starting a new running habit doesn't have to be hard. This guide makes it easy to get started, get inspired and stay on track. When you consult a doctor, they will inform that running comfort starts with a good pair of shoes. Make sure that they are specified for running, and that the shoes are not too loose or tight. Ideally, they need to be a little larger than your dress or casual pairs, so that they don’t “heel slip”, and fit securely and comfortably in the midfoot area.Alright, now you’ve got your shoes, and you are ready to begin running. Here are some other recommendations when starting a running program, and as you progress over days, weeks, and months:
It is important that you stay hydrated before and after running, and the best source of hydration is regular water. Right after running, water should be the only beverage that you drink, and make a conscious effort to increase your daily water intake in relation to how far, and how often, you run.
- ● This condition may be caused due to damage in the joint due to arthritis. Arthritis is further categorized into Osteoarthritis, caused due to wear and tear to joints, which is very common with aging factors, and Rheumatoid arthritis, which is caused due to dysfunction of the immune system resulting in damages to joints.
- ● Osteomyelitis, which is an infection in the bone causing joint pain after sitting for long hours. This may result in septic arthritis which refers to the infection of joint space.
- ● Other conditions like tears, tendons, rupture of cartilage and ligaments can also cause knee pain
- ● Gout, a disorder in which the crystals are built up in the knee and joints can cause joint pain.
- ● Tumors in bone joints is a severe condition that can also result in joint pains
- ● Increase in age
- ● Smoking / alcohol
- ● Family history
- ● Improper diet
- ● Too much of physical strain and others
- ● Change your sitting posture at least once in 30 minutes
- ● Try to go for a small walk in between your work hours to relax your legs, hip, neck and shoulder
- ● Try to stretch your body doing some physical exercise that may relax your entire body
- ● Remember, stiffness is one of the main problems causing such joint pain, therefore you may need to follow flexibility improvement tips.
- ● If you are travelling shorter distances
- ● If you are travelling longer distances
- 1. Start to shift before the trip: For few days before you leave, adjust with the mealtimes and bedtime incrementally closer to the scheduled destination. Even a partial switch may help.
- 2. Stay hydrated: Mild dehydration is common when travelling by air. Drink plenty of fluids during, and after your flight. Avoid caffeine and alcohol entirely as they promote dehydration and worsens the symptoms of jet lag, both can also disturb your sleep.
- 3. Switch as rapidly as possible upon arrival: Don't sleep in until it's bedtime in the new time zone.
- 4. Move around: Take a walk, do some static stretch exercises on the flight. But after you land, avoid heavy workout near bedtime, as it can delay sleep.
- 5. Use the sun to help you re-adjust:. Exposure to sunlight helps regulate your circadian rhythms. In case of travelling from west to east, you need to wake up early, get exposed to the early morning sun and if travelling east to west, you need to wake up late, get yourself exposed to late afternoon sunlight.
- 6. Eat sensibly: Avoid heavy diets such as high carb or fatty diet close to bedtime because that can be disruptive to sleep.
|Parameters||Back Pain||Kidney Pain|
|Triggers||Prolonged sitting, lying, standing (sciatic pain)||Drinking large amount of fluids (in ureteropelvic junction [UPJ] obstruction) Usually not triggered by movements|