Do you seriously think that you want to do something to people living in this world? Besides contributing to the education of poor students, helping homeless people and other services that may bring some sort happiness in you, there should be still something meaningful in what you do. In fact, it should not be just a timely contribution, but something that is going to say your name and make people think of you forever.
Live even after you Die!
It is all about donating your organs!
Today people are becoming aware of Organ donation, which certainly saves many people and their families too. People have started realizing the fact that when we die, our organs are disposed of with the body with no use for anyone else in the world.
How great would it be if we can give life to at least one or two people by donating good functioning organs after we die?
Donating the Organs
Gone are the days when there was fear of distorting body by organ donation. Today even children are becoming aware of the impact of donating their body organs. We should say this as a revolution made by the technology and its advancement in the medical sector. Knowing a few facts about donating organs and transplants can help you understand better.
Remember a transplant surgeon cannot determine whether the organs to be donated are suitable until the donor passes away. Regardless of what age you are, you can still donate organ or tissue. You can save eight lives after you die by donating the body organs and tissues.
Try to consult your doctor to know more about donating your organs and how to get it registered.
Facts about Donating Organs
● Every day, on an average, about 25 people die while waiting for the transplant
● However, one organ donor can save eight lives, which will not only give life to the recipient but also to his closer and nearer relatives and family members depended on him/her survival
● Regardless of the medical history and age barriers, anyone can be an organ donor. However, people with certain conditions such as having actively spreading cancer, severe infection, HIV, may not become eligible for organ donation.
Organs you can donate:
A person can donate up to 8 organs. He/she can also donate;
● Bone tissue
● Blood vessels
● Heart valves
As a living donor, you can also register to donate organs like
● Part of pancreas
Many people don’t want to think about what is going to happen to their body after they die. But some people definitely feel happy and satisfied looking at the enhanced life of others. Donating organs is definitely a worthwhile decision, which every human should do.
Becoming a Donor
If you are strongly determined to become a donor, then the process is simple.
● You can register with your state’s donor registry
● You can fill organ donor card when getting or renewing driver’s license
● You can contact transplant center in your areas, which will also help to find people who are in need of organ transplantation
In case both the donor and recipient are in good health matches, such as matching tissue type and blood type, then transplantation becomes easier.
One of the greatest benefits of donating your organ is, you are going to save a life. This life may not necessarily be your spouse, parent, siblings, child or friend, but can be anyone across the world, a grateful stranger. This organ donation will definitely give a satisfaction and bring a meaning of living on this earth while setting your soul in peace after you die.