It’s imperative to take care of yourself after a bone marrow transplant. The reason for taking precautions is to ensure that your body is protected from any pathogens that may be lurking around.
To help make it easier for you, please check out this great infographic about how to care for yourself post-bone marrow transplant, located just below this message.
Tips to Staying Safe:
1. It’s imperative to wash your hands thoroughly with anti-bacterial soap and water daily.
2. Brush your teeth and gums thoroughly after each meal. It’s crucial to keep up with dental hygiene as well.
3. Make a note to stay away and avoid highly crowded areas or environments, just in case someone might have a respiratory illness.
4. Do not smoke or use harmful substances during your recovery. Ideally, it’s recommended to quit both habits.
5. Minimise your contact with animals. Animals carry bacteria and during your recovery, there’s a chance you might get infected by it.
6. Avoid going into swimming pool at all costs.