No pregnancy can be termed safe as it comes with its own share of problems. Women go through a varied range of problems from nausea, vomiting, constipation and frequent urination to some serious health issues. It is important for women to pay close attention to their health and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Some of the ways through which women can hope to have a safe and happy pregnancy are:
• You will need to go through some physiological and pathological tests for a few months before conception.
• Some of the tests might include urine test, keratin test, kidney function, blood pressure, eye check-up and cholesterol check.
• Watching your weight before conception is important. Being underweight or overweight is a potential threat to the pregnancy as being overweight can impact your blood pressure.
• If you are hooked to alcohol or nicotine which are not conductive to nourishing a healthy foetus then put a check on such habits because your foetus might be at a higher risk and you cannot aggravate the risk with these habits.
• If you are a type2 diabetic and dependent on oral medication to control your sugar levels, you might need to switch to insulin before you can go forward with the pregnancy.
• As a diabetic, your dietary needs are special and vary a lot from others. You will need to re-adjust your diet plans and replace some items with more fruits and negative calorie foods that don’t hike up the sugar levels and also provide necessary energy to sustain the foetus.
• Vitamin supplements like folic acid and vitamin B will have to be started in three-four months run up to conception to ensure sound internal health for both the mother and the baby.
It is important for women to know if their body is ready to cope with the process of pregnancy. A pregnancy can be emotionally as well as physically taxing and care must be taken to have a happy time. Visit your nearest Apollo clinic to get detailed reports on how to plan a safe pregnancy from the Apollo Cradle team.